I can change.

He was a player.

He was a drunk, he was a druggie and he was a douche. You knew all this yet you couldn't help but fall head over heels for him. And much to your surprise he had fallen for you too.

You had been dating for a while now and it still felt as though it were the first time. The first time ever seeing him, those amazing eyes, so full of the joy and pain of life. The first time talking, adoring how his face changed along with his voice. The first time missing him, your heart almost shattering and falling to pieces inside you.

The first time loving him.. Which it basically wasn't.

There were times when you had to go on a break, have a break from him and his lifestyle. You hate to be judgemental but you knew he was better than this. And Today was a make or break day.

C/n had asked you to stay round his for the night so there you were, lounging in his room... Alone.....at two am. His mum kept apologising and said since it was so late you should just stay so you did.

You were sat on his bed. Wrapped up in his covers, staring at the walls you had now memorised. You were still cold but decided to ignore your shivers and focous on your anger.

He stood you up. At his own house?!?

Does he not love you anymore?!?

.... Is he cheating.

You heard a crash Come from downstairs and you immediately knew it was c/n. He was going to wake his whole house up if you didn't do something.

Clenching your fists you sighed and ran quietly downstairs to find c/n.

"What the hell are you doing??" You whispered yelled to your boyfriend.

He whirled around "hey, go away. I have a girlfriend. All this" he pointed to himself "is taken" he went to walk upstairs but seen as he was going in the wrong direction you had to guide him the rest of the way. "No funny business" he whispered as you led him into his room.

"Okay thanks for driving me home, bye dude" he face planted onto his bed and you cringed at the noise.... You remembered a story he once told you and you slipped out of the room quickly. You soon returned with a few glasses of ice water and with a smirk on your lips and an evil glint in your eye you dumped them onto him.

He sucked in a breath and sat up. Of course he wasn't now magically sober but he was more aware.

"Y-y/n?" He looked you over. And then looked at where he was. You could see the emotions flash across his eyes as he was realising what he had done.

"Oh my God. No no no no" he stood up and stumbled over to you. You folded your arms and leant agaisnt his desk and away from him. "Yes yes yes yes" you glared.

"Y/n I- I am so so sorry. I was with some friends, hanging out before I would go back to see you, to have our couples night, just you and me. But then it started and i-" he broke off and you looked at him

He was wearing tight black jeans and a red checkered shirt. He knew you liked him in that outfit. They were slightly covered in mud and reeked of a poison concoction of smoke and boose. His hair, normally so perfect, was a mess and his amazing eyes were ringed with red as he struggled to keep his eyes open.

"I can't do this anymore.." You whispers.

He looked at you, his eyes wide and swimming in pain.

"I can change"

He blurted out. Then realised what he had said and rushed closer to you. He grabbed your hands.

"I-i can change y/n. A-and I wi-will change just please.. D-dont go. Don't leave me" he was on the verge of crying and your heart was breaking. You fought the temptation to wrap your arms around him.

"C/n.."

"No. I-if changing is what it takes to keep you. Consider it done. Okay. Drugs and drink. Consider them gone. You're the only high I need" it seemed fear sobered him up even more and he wrapped his arms tightly around you.

You quickly hugged him back. Your face buried itself in the crook of his neck as you started to cry. You weren't sure why, it was late, you were tired and a lot just happened.

"Hey hey shhh. I'm here now y/n... I'm here" he held the back of your head gently against his shoulder as he rocked you slightly. A few tears escaping his own eyes.

" I love you" he kissed your head, his lips lingering there.

"I love you too"