» chapter 3 «

"Evelyn, dear, will you be my date to the Founder's Ball?"

Evelyn giggled slightly. "I will, Daniel. Thank you for asking."

Daniel playfully bowed at her and she blushed. "Daniel, do you love me?" Evelyn asked that night.

Daniel looked at her with a wide smile. "Evelyn, I-"

Evie was suddenly awoken when her alarm clock let out a dreadful noise. She sighed and got dressed for the day.

When Evie had finished getting dressed, an unknown number called her.

"Hello?"

"Evie? This is Elena. Stefan gave me your number," Elena's voice came through the phone.

"Hello, darling. How can I help you?"

"I wanted to ask if you will go dress shopping with me. There is the Founder's party tonight and Stefan is my date."

"Sure. I need a dress also. I will pick you up in 5." With that, Evie ended the call and drove to her house.

She honked her car's horn when she pulled into the driveway of Elena's house.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

Elena came out laughing and climbed in the car. "Ready?" Evie asked with a smirk. Elena nodded and they set off for the mall.

-

"Thank you for taking me!" Elena yelled out as she ran back to her house to get ready.

Evie laughed. "No problem!"

Elena had picked a beautiful, fall themed dress that looked really good on her.

Evie chose a burgundy strapped dress that she was going to wear with her leather jacket that she had received from Damon on her 100th birthday.

Evie drove back to the boarding house to get ready for the party. She took a shower then got dressed, curling her hair after drying it.

Grabbing her jacket and slipping into her black pumps, Evie drove over to Elena's house with Stefan after the brothers had fought again.

-

"Hi, Mayor Lockwood." Elena greeted him when he opened the door.

"Hey. Hey, guys, come on in." He said before moving out of the way so they could walk in.

"Thank you, sir. You have a beautiful home," Evie complimented Mr.Lockwood.

"Thank you and thank you for coming. Enjoy yourselves!" He encouraged the small group.

"I will. At the bar," Evie mumbled and ordered a bourbon.

The bartender handed her the drink with a smirk. "Thank you."

Evie walked over to Elena and Stefan. Elena starts reading the first registry.

"The founding families in Mystic Falls welcomes you to the inaugural founder's council celebration. Wow, look, it's the original guest registry. Look at all these familiar names- Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Evelyn Salvatore. Is that Damon Salvatore? And Stefan Salvatore?"

Evie slightly choked on her drink, having forgotten about the original guest registry.

"The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, actually," Damon walks up beside his twin and saves the two from having to explain why their names were on that list.

"We don't need to bore them with stories from the past," Stefan says.

"It's not boring, Stefan. I'd love to hear more about your family," Elena reassures him.

"Well, I'm bored. I want to dance. And Damon won't dance with me," They hear a familiar voice whine.

Evie smirks in amusement at the usually bubbly blonde's attitude.

"Mm-hmm," Damon hums in agreement with Caroline.

"Could I just borrow your date?" Caroline asks Elena, referring to Stefan.

Elena looks taken aback. "Oh, um.."

"I don't really dance," Stefan states.

"Oh, sure he does! You should see him. Waltz, the jitterbug, the moonwalk. He does it all," Damon replied with a smirk.

With a sigh, Evie hands Damon her drink before grabbing Caroline's hand and pulling her towards the dance floor.

"Woah, I don't like girls."

Evie giggles and she dances with Caroline. "Trust me honey, I said that once before. Then I met a beautiful, strong woman who changed that."

Caroline frowns, her eyes showing confusion. "Then where is she?"

Evie sighs and glances quickly at their moving feet before looking back up at the blonde.

"Sadly, she passed. She died of lung cancer a few years back."

Caroline looked at her sympathetically, about to say something, but Evie was quick to cut her off.

"I have to go to the, uh, bathroom."

Evie pulls her hand away from Caroline's and walks quickly towards the bathroom, entering and making sure it was empty.

She looked at herself in the mirror in anger. Why do I continue to let my emotions affect me?

The door opened and Caroline walked in. "Evie, I'm sorry. I-"

Evie cut Caroline off and rushed to her, pinning her against the door and placing her lips onto Caroline's forcefully.

Shocked, Caroline's eyes widened and she was frozen. But, she slowly closed her eyes and kissed back, her hands running through Evie's hair.

Evie pulled away when she heard footsteps coming towards the door. She grabbed Caroline's face in her hands and compelled her to forget about the two of them kissing, not knowing the girl was on vervain.

Evie quickly left the bathroom and found Damon. "I'm leaving. I will be home later."

Damon frowned. "Where are you going?"

Evie started to walk away, only turning to give him a small smile and then continuing her walk.

-

WOW

BET YOU WERENT EXPECTING HER TO KISS CAROLINE

well me neither. It was kinda a in-the-moment kind of thing.

But I like it. It was fun to write.

Vote & Comment please!