Chapter 34

Cassandra
I heard a baby's laugh, making me snap in that direction, and see a little boy around one, with short brown hair. If it wasn't for his hair that told me it was Reid, it would've been his curious, chocolate brown eyes, staring at an object in front of him. He started to crawl for the object, which was the Pocket Watch he described in the future from here. I could stop this now, I could stop him from grabbing it. But I can't, it's already happened and I can't create a paradox.
I watched as he touched it, seeing his incredulous look on his cute baby face, making me giggle. I quickly ran to his place, making sure I wasn't seen, and walked slowly over to him. Where are his parents? I looked at the house and saw they were distracted by something on the television. I finally reached him, and smiled at him when he looked at me curiously. He is a strange baby, usually they would cry or something if they see a stranger, but Reid just looked at me curiously. "Hey mini Reid!" I cooed quietly, kneeling in front of him. He cooed back in reply, crawling closer to me. Luckily I speak baby.
"Who are you?" Reid had asked me.
"I'm someone you'll meet in the future but don't worry, you're okay for now. You're going to go through some tough obstacles during life though." I said, sitting Indian style across from him. I can't help but feel sorry for him. While I was looking in his mind, I saw all his memories, how his parents separated, how he got bullied, kidnapped, drugged, his first love dying right in front of his eyes, it is sad. "But no matter what, you're still a brave, strong, great man when you grow up." I told the little guy, ruffling his hair. "No matter what, I'll look out for you, wherever you go, I'll go." I said, taking the Pocket Watch gently from his hands, giving him a kiss on the head. Before I left him though, I decided to warn him for the future. "Watch out for puberty, it can get nasty." I told the little guy. I smiled at him one last time, before running away from him, hiding behind a tree. I peaked my head out to see his parents rushing out of the house, to him -

I gasped, sitting up on my bed, cold sweat on my face. I looked around, and saw I was in my bedroom still. Not in some neighbourhood that Reid used to live in when he was little. "What the -" I breathed out. Still fresh in my head, I quickly rushed to my desk in my room and quickly grab my small leather book, writing down everything about my weird dream. It's been happening since I woke up from the hospital. And that was four months ago. I had awkwardly celebrated Christmas with Reid and his FBI team, feeling out of place. We've met before, but only for a little while - yet, they treated me like we have known each other longer. And then New Years Eve, it was weird as well. I mean, they had good thankful sayings, but what Reid said has made me confused.
"I am thankful for my soulmate's safety, despite not being together."
He was given warning glances from his team, while I stared at him confused. He had never mentioned to me that he had a girlfriend. I remember saying to him, "I didn't know you had a girlfriend."
"We were more like soulmates." he had told me. "Our love was quite strong. . .and very painful when we had to separate."
"Why did you guys separate?"
"We. . .both have dangerous lives." he told me while we were on top of our flat building, staring up at the sky. "Her job got dangerous when one of her enemies were starting to be a threat to me and the team. She had to leave for our safety."
"What happened to her enemies?"
"They luckily didn't know about us." he said with pursed lips. "So we were safe. But for her? They're looking. Searching for her at this moment."
"Where did she go?"
"I don't know." he had answered. "I remember her last words though."
"And they were?"
"Just know that I love you, and no harm will come to you or the others."

I snapped out of memory lane and glanced down at my book. I had finished writing my dream. This one was different to the others. My other dreams were about destroying a planet, meeting a man called 'Doctor' with his many companions, saving the world from monsters and aliens. Having Reid in my dreams was something new.
I glanced at the clock on my desk and saw it was six in the morning. Time to get ready for work at the BAU with Reid and his team.
I quickly his my book and started to get dressed. I somehow gotten a job in Reid's work because of how surprisingly smart I am. I would go on cases with them like a normal agent but for some reason, Hotch doesn't want me to go out on fieldwork, along with the others - especially Reid. Those people are weird. . .
I walked out of my room that was plain but had some books laying by, and grabbed my keys of the apartment while walking out of my little home. While I was locking my door, Reid was also doing the same thing.
"Morning." he smiled slightly at me.
"Morning." I nodded. "So! Ready for another day of work?"
"Been doing it most of my life." he shrugged. "It only got interesting when I met you." Slightly flattered at his words, I followed him out to his car, where we ride to work together.
I couldn't help but feel wary around him. My dream was extremely weird, weird than usual, and it couldn't be just some random thing.

A/N: that picture of Benedict Cumberbatch? I did it for Art at school. I got an A- for it!😄🎻