Chapter 11

Mallory's POV

It's been two weeks and these have been the longest fourteen days ever. Even though I have had my phone on I didn't receive a single text message from Kevin, Vanessa or Grant and I knew that I had probably blew any and all chances I had with him I look over at my phone laying on the table and sigh.

Kevin's POV

For the past two weeks, it has been like walking on eggshells in the house, I'm still sleeping on the couch and Vanessa won't talk to me. It's early in the morning and I'm on the couch staring up at the ceiling and I hear every tick of the clock I sit up and run my hands through my hair, and my eyes wander over to our wedding picture I pick it up and look down at it then I hear footsteps coming downstairs, I stand up and look at her. Her hair is a mess, and she has red and puffy eyes and she is wearing a shirt and a pair of sweatpants but she has never looked more beautiful. My voice is hoarse when I start to speak, "Vanessa can we talk please?" She walks past me and into the kitchen and I follow her. She pours herself a bowl of cereal and I know we are still going through the silent treatment. "Okay you don't have to talk to me but please just listen." She looks up at me and I know this is as much as I'm going to get. "I am so sorry, we had been drinking a lot and it just sort of happened, but you have to believe me it was a drunken one time mistake and it didn't mean anything to either of us I know that you are hurt and mad at both of us but I hope that you know how sorry I am." She looks away and keeps eating her cereal and with that I turn away and walk out of the kitchen.

Vanessa's POV

I watched Kevin walk out of the kitchen, he had apologized and I know he had meant what he said, but I didn't know if I could forgive the two of them for what they did. I didn't know what to do or who I should talk to about this because the person who I would usually go to is part of the problem I kept eating my cereal and thinking about what I should do. From in the kitchen I hear the door open and shut and I know that Kevin had just left.

Grant's POV

I had seen the pictures of her kissing him, and I don't know why I feel the way that I do. For some reason it bothered me I haven't even tried to talk to her I still have her number and I have pulled it up countless times where I could delete it but for some reason I just can't press that button, in total I had only known this girl for a not even a week but she had done something to me. She had my number but I haven't heard from her and it made me wonder how she felt about me, did she want to talk to me too or was she just going to let me think whatever I wanted to about the pictures. I just know that sooner or later I would end up pressing that button no matter how much I didn't want to.

Kevin's POV

I walk out of the house and get in my car and drive off even though I don't really know where I'm going. After driving for a little while I stop at a park that is pretty much empty I get out and find a trail that leads through a wooded area and goes to the other side of the park, I start walking down the trail thinking to myself. I stop when I see someone sitting under a tree as I get closer I see who it is and I almost turn around. There sitting under the tree is Mallory I sigh knowing I can either turn around or I can keep going I keep going because I know sooner or later we will have to straighten this mess out I walk over and stand in front of her and cough, she jumps then looks up at me. "Can I sit?" She nods her head, and then I take a seat on the ground next to her. "You know we need to talk about this right?" She looks at me "What is there to say Kevin, Vanessa is mad at both of us." I let out a deep sigh and I don't know what to do next.