Fear

Ash’s P.O.V

I was so happy to see Leila, Luna and I had known her since we were kids, I was so glad she was moving back it will be good to have a friend living close. We watched movies for a bit and then out of nowhere, she kissed me, at first I kissed back but then I stopped myself knowing that I wanted to be with Luna and not Leila. I pushed her away and said “I’m so sorry Leila but I just don’t feel that way about you, I love someone else”. “It’s Luna isn’t it?” She asked. I couldn’t understand how she knew I liked Luna, was I that obvious. “Yeah, I love her, I have for a long time.” I said with a sigh. “Why haven’t you mad a move yet? you guys would be an amazing couple.” I decided it would be best to tell her about the time at the beach. I had kissed Luna once when we were 16, it was the best kiss I had ever had, but once I stopped she looked so confused and it didn’t seem like she had wanted to kiss at all so I figured there was nothing between us. Leila told me that I needed to keep trying. “You need to get her before she has sex with that guy she’s with.” I looked at her startled and confused. “What?” I asked “well when she called theres a large chance he had left her to go on a condom run”. I looked at her shocked, I immediately tried to call Luna but there was no answer I decided to text her telling her I would make her breakfast in the morning so I had an excuse to find out quickly. 

I woke up at 7, it was too early but I needed to know what happened last night, I drove to her house, I was tense the entire drive, I hoped so much that she hadn’t slept with him. I got to her house around 7:45. I started making pancakes, I heard noise upstairs, I assumed it was Luna waking up. I was right, I saw her walk down the stairs, I could tell she had barely had any sleep. “Are you okay Luna?” She looked at me startled. “Not really, I didn’t get home till 5 this morning and I got like 10 minutes of sleep.” her words saddened me, I couldn’t believe she stayed at his house till 5, the possibility of the having sex grew. She sat down at the table, I put a plate of pancakes with strawberries and whip cream in front of her, she looked up at me and smiled. “My favorite thank you so much, you always seem to make me feel better when I need it most.” she said with a bright smile. I grabbed my food and poured some orange juice for us, I sat across from her and watched her happily eat, she looked so cute. “So how was your date?” I asked hesitantly. “It was good, I wasn’t feeling to great so he let me stay there for the night.” I didn’t exactly get the answer to the question I wanted to ask. I decided to be straight foreword. “So did you guys go all the way?” I asked hesitantly, she looked at me in shock.  “Uhm, no we didn’t why?” I was so relieved to her that she hadn’t slept with him. “I was just curious, sorry if that was too personal.” I said hoping I didn’t make things awkward. “So how did things with Leila go? Are you guys dating?” I was so confused, I had no clue what she was talking about. I suddenly remembered the kiss, my heart ached realizing she knew about it, I assumed she told Leila to go for it which would mean she didn’t want me. “Well I don’t really like her like that, she a good friend but that’s it.” I couldn’t read her, I couldn’t tell if she was happy or sad about what I said.