Chapter 21

Lilly's POV

I heard noises, voices maybe, I opened my eyes, things were a little black but it started to clear up, then I started to hear straight, "Lilly, honey, can you hear me, don't try to move you will rip your stiches." "M-mom?" "Yea honey, it's me." I could hear her start to choke up, "Mom, what... what happened?" "There was a fire at Luke's, you got stuck in the window, then the glass above you broke and stabbed you in the side, you passed out and the fire burned your legs, do you remember anything." "Yea, yea the glass, I looked up and the glass broke, I felt something and then everything was gone. Luke, he ,he was stuck inside, and the fire was spreading, is, is he okay?" "I don't know I haven't left your side, as soon as you got here they put you under and you were in surgery, you got out about an hour ago, I was so worried I didn't want to leave your side." "Can you please check?" "Honey, what if something happens to you when I'm gone?" "Mom, please, please, I love him." I started to cry, everything hurt and I was missing the one I love the most, she nodded her head and left the room. I looked down and saw that I had a medicine blanket, like the ones they use for burns, I lifted it up and my legs were all bloody, and torn, I cried when I saw them, when I did it hurt my side so I looked and I had a bandage over where the cut must be.

"Here's your lunch mam." "Thank you, um have you seen my mom in the hallway?" "No sweetie, I haven't, she is the one who ordered your meal so she must be here some ware." I nodded and smiled, I lifted up the lid and it was a salad with all of my favorite toppings on it, I started to eat when my mom came in, "Hey, you like the salad?" "Yea, how is he, did you see him, is he in surgery?" "Um, sweetie I know you really want to know what happened but I think you should get something in your stomach and maybe some rest." "No, mom, I'm not hungry and I have been sleeping for hours. Just tell me!" "HE hasn't woke up, he needs help breathing, a piece of the house fell on his shoulder and neck, his shoulder is broken and something happened to his neck but I cant remember, he has burns from his waist, up." "Oh my god." I started to cry, "No, will he be okay, like will he be able to walk or anything." "They don't know yet, sweetie you need to calm down." "Oh my god, its my fault, I couldn't climb through fast enough, then I got stuck, its just all my fault." I broke down, my side was throbbing from the movement and my legs hurt because of how bad I was shaking, "Honey no! No it's not your fault, I promise you, no one blames you, these things happen for a reason." She hugged me like there was no tomorrow, "I want to see him, so I can talk to him, or at least write him a note." "I will ask the doctors." she walked out and I tried to hold my self still but it wasn't working.

I finished eating and was watching T.V when my mom and three nurses walked in. "Hi Lilly, so we know that you want to see Luke, and we are going to see if you will be able to, we are going to have to ask you to move a lot and maybe bend your knees if the pain is too much you have to tell us, okay?" "Okay, I will."

They moved me around so much, by the end I was sore, I cried with some of the things that I had to do but I can go and see him tomorrow, they said I should write a letter in case he hasn't woken up yet, I don't know why but I cant see him after tomorrow for like a month, they said it was confidential. His aunt is going to come and tell me all that happened I'm excited, but also very nervous.

Two hours later I was watching T.V and Polly walked in, "Hey, how are you doing?" "It hurts but I will hopefully be fine, I just really want to know what happened?"

Flashback

"Okay Ally I'm going to go to the bathroom." "Doesn't the oven need to turn on?" "Yes, it does I think it need to boil first but I don't know, but it can wait." "While aunt Lisa is in the bathroom , I will turn it on, she said it need to boil so I will put it on high, ooo, look at the flames they are so pretty, I need a spoon! Oh here's a wooden spoon I can use to stir it. Ugh why am I using such a big chair, okay so it looks stirred enough. I put the spoon onto the stove by the pot, then I blew on the fire I thought it would have blown it out, but it didn't, it caught the spoon on fire instead, but just the tip so then I tried to fix it by putting it in the pot but I knocked the pot over then the flame blew in my face, I screamed, I tried to let the wind blow it out by opening the window, but it made it even bigger so I went to get down and my sleeve caught on fire so I tried to lay on my arm, because that what they do in movie it didn't really work and my face felt like it was burning off, I finally got my arm free of fire and climbed under a counter and cried, then everything went black, I don't remember anything else.

*Then Polly told her what happened at the end of last chapter*

Present (Lilly's POV)

"Oh my God, is Ally and Lisa okay?" "Yea, Ally has her face wrapped right now, they had to do some surgery, and Lisa will be in a wheelchair for a while because she blocked the fire from Ally but it caught her back very bad." "Okay, what about everyone else?" "Everyone else is okay, well besides, Luke." "I know I feel awful, if I wouldn't have worn that stupid belt, he would be okay, or at least better than he is now. You all must hate me." "No, no sweetie no one hate you, it's not your fault, he could have went to a different window, but he was concerned about your safety. Please don't blame yourself for this." I nodded, "Okay, well I should get back to Ally, she could wake up at any time." "Okay, thank you so much for telling me what happened." she nodded and gave me a hug and a kiss on the head, "You get some sleep now, okay." I smiled and she left. I turned my head and looked out my window, we are up a couple floors so I have a nice view. "Mom, can you turn off the lights, I'm tired." "Sure honey."

I fell asleep so fast I don't remember the lights even going out.