➳fifteen

F L A S H  B A C K

"You need to stop, Andy!" Carolyn's mother shouted at Andy. They were standing right in front of Carolyn's house and from her bedroom she could see everything. "Do you realize what you've done? Your father and I seeing each other has nothing to do with your or  Carolyn so leave my daughter out of it!"

"Mrs. Harris if you don't get Carolyn out of my school...I will tell Mr. Harris about your affair. I don't care about your stupid daughter and I most certainly do not care about you or your feelings. You're going to tell him and when you do you and your daughter can get the hell out of this town!" Andy hissed, his veins pricking out of his skin and his eyes dark, filled with fury.

Carolyn's mother shook her head and took a step back, her eyes beginning to tear up. She lifted up her hands to swing it at Andy but Andy had stopped it, he grasped her hand tightly in his and laughed. Which made Mrs. Harris angry. "You think I care that you're having problems with my daughter? I adopted her for one reason, Andy, and that's for money. Is that what you wanted to hear? If you so as much dare to take her away from me and I end up in the streets, so god help you Andy." She hissed.

Andy looked up at Carolyn's window and saw her standing there, her eyes watery. He smirked and pushed her hand away. "Think you did that all on your own." With that said he turned around and walked away, the same smirk still clear on his lips.

E N D

Oh my god. 

Oh my god.

That was all that ran through her mind. Carolyn had never had a memory of being there, she never remembers standing over that window watching her sworn enemy and her mother argue. Perhaps it was the time she took drugs to forget about whatever Andy had put her through that day.

"I'm adopted...?" She whispered to herself feeling a pang of pain hit her. Her heart felt so weak, like it had been broken before replaced with glue and broken again yet this time there was no glue to stick it back. Up to this point it'd be no shocker if Carolyn turned heartless. She was beginning to feel used to the pain, the torture and the discomfort that always followed her around. 

Maybe Andy wasn't the hurricane, but she herself. Maybe she's the one causing the mess. Not Andy. Because if she just disappeared then everything would be alright.

"Who told you that?" Andy asked immediately knowing the answer.

"Shut up." Carolyn hissed. She looked at Andy through the mirror, her eyes weary and her arms shaking in rage. "You're lucky I didn't leave you to die."

She didn't leave Andy, she couldn't. Because if she did then she'd be the same person Andy was, and she wasn't going to let that happen. She was too tough to break just yet. 

"How could you be so cruel, Andy...how? How do you have the decency to humiliate me and keep all these things from me. How can you threaten my mother like that? How can you do that damn it! What have I done to you?!" Carolyn hit the brake on the car stopping the car in a sudden jolt and slamming her hands against the wheel. 

Immediately she began to cry. Not because she was sad, because of the anger that was stored inside her. The anger she's been meaning to let out. Carolyn looked up at the road and pressed on the accelerator, the car jolted forward and each second that passed by the car raced faster.

"Carolyn, stop!" Andy yelled. But Carolyn only went faster. "Carolyn, stop! You're going to get us killed! Stop the car Carolyn! Stop the fucking car!"

The car was going so fast that everything they passed by was a blur.

"You wan't to know everything?" Andy yelled, scrunching his eyebrows and pressing down on his aching stomach. "Stop the car and I'll tell you, just stop the car Carolyn!"

Once again Carolyn found herself slamming her foot against the brake and pulling over, they were around a dessert, it had stopped raining, the streets were lonely and the only thing that illuminated the night was the stars.

Carolyn stepped out of the car and opened the door for Andy to step out, but he didn't. He didn't have any strength to so instead Carolyn pushed him over and stepped inside the back seat. "Tell me everything. Why you hate this much to--to put me in a mental hospital." Carolyn began crying. "To put me in a regular hospital, to make my birthday a nightmare, to push me down the stairs, to make me wanted to leave you in such a terrible state that you would've died, to make me want to kill myself. Why have you done those things to me, Andy." By now the tears streaming down Carolyn's face were innumerable. "When all I've done was, just, want your attention."

Andy heaved in a breath before he began talking. 

***

Holy shit you guys sorry for taking so long on this update, it's been like a month since I've updated a normal chapter I think! But fear no longer me and this story are back and updates will come fast again! I hope this one made your heart wrench and well yeah. Bye :)