(28)

Hey guys! ONE MILLION READS!!!! Thanks so much!!! xx

OFFICIAL CASTING LIST: Obviously, you don't have to imagine the characters as this, this is just a suggestion :)

-Harper: Emily Rudd

-Bianca: Chloe Mortez

-Evan: Colton Haynes

-Cole: Channing Tatum

-Alex: Nolan Gerard Funk

-Jake: Ansel Elgort

-Hayden: Ian Nelson

-Vincent: Dylan O'brian

-Asher: Cameron Boyce

-Zane: Liam Hemsworth

-Elliot and Seth: Dolan Twins

-Will: Oaklee Pendergast

<><><><>

I fiddle with my pencil, ignoring the mindless conversation happening at this lunch table, focusing on my English essay.

"I'm totally gonna bang the shit out of her tonight." Devin chuckles.

"Isn't that chick a freshman?" Evan snorts, drawing me closer in by the waist.

"Yep." He says grinning. "But trust me. She's fully developed."

"Does she know about what you're planning to do tonight?" I snap, unable to let that go.

"She will." Devin smirks. "Once I ease her into the idea."

"You disgusting, little-"

"Well." Evan laughs, cutting me off, digging his fingers painfully into my ribs. "Someone has a mouth on them today." He glares at me, and I glare back, before going back to the essay.

"Anyway." Devin continues. "My parents are out of town for the week, so after the movie, I'll take her back to my place, and... well. We all know what's going to happen."

"Good luck mate." Evan says. He looks at me, and I keep my eyes focused on my paper. "Who knows. You might not be the only one getting some tonight." I glare, unable to hold in my anger.

"Well don't bother looking over here, not happening." I growl. Everyone laughs, and Evan strokes my back.

"Right." He says, sarcasm dripping. "We'll see." The bell rings, and Evan pulls me into his side, leading me to algebra. I look away, Alex already sitting in the back row. Evan sits down, and pulls me onto his lap, wrapping his hands around my waist.

"Don't." I say to him quietly, but I'm ignored, as he chuckles into my neck. I look up, to see Alex, gripping his pen so tightly it could break.

"You're coming to my house after school." He says. "I'll get Ian to drive your car. You'll come with me."

I push myself out of his grip, falling into the chair next to him. I can practically feel Alex relax, as I'm no longer attached to Evan.

<><><><>

Evan pushes me into his car, slamming the door shut, making me wait inside. He leans against the door, talking to his friends. I see a small freshman tucked under Devin's arm, and I frown, concerned. Evan taps on my window, and I roll it down, annoyed.

"I need to go home." I grit.

"You will eventually." He spits back. "Give me your keys."

"No way!" I growl.

"Give it to me." He says sternly. "Ian is driving it back to your house. You're coming to mine."

"I built that car's engine from nothing, no way in hell am I giving my keys to someone who doesn't give a shit about it." I say.

"Give it to me and we won't have a problem." He says low. "You know there's only one way this will end." I stare, hating that he's right. I grab my keys from my bag, and he snatches them off me. He chucks them to Ian, he catches them in the air.

"Nice." He grins. "Don't worry Harper. I'll be sure to press hard on the accelerator."

"You go over sixty you're dead!" I tell him, as he walks away dangling my keys along with him.

Evan opens the door and gets in behind the wheel, pushing me into the back.

"We're dropping Devin at his place." He says, starting the engine. Devin joins him in the front seat, as a nervous little girl sits near me in the back.

"Hi." I smile at her. "I'm Harper."

"I know!" She says quickly. "I mean... I'm Emma."

"What are you up to tonight?" I ask, hoping to succeed in something. I see Evan give me a warning look, but I ignore it.

"Me and Devin are doing something I think." She smiles.

"How long have you known Devin?" I ask.

"He's in my homeroom." She says. "I dunno, awhile."

"Have your parents met him yet?" I ask. Devin glares at me, but I stay focused.

"No." She says. "Devin didn't think that was a good idea."

"Yeah, babe." Devin says quickly. "Chill, your parents don't need to know."

"I had to told them I was studying with a friend." She says. "My brother just got home from college for the weekend, and they wouldn't have let me go."

"Really?" I jump on the idea, happy I have something to work with. "I would've thought you would want to stay home, spend time with your brother. Who knows when he will be able to visit again. Finals are coming up."

"Emma can make her own mind up thanks Harper." Devin says, forcing a smile at me. "Thanks for your concern though."

"Just trying to help." I say sweetly. "Family is so important." I look slyly towards Evan. "Don't you think Evan?" He glares scarily at me. I'm going to almost regret doing this. I can see Emma frowning, and finally she speaks up.

"Evan?" She asks nervously.

"What?" He snaps, still looking at me.

"This is my street." She says quickly. "Harper's right. Devin, do you think we could do this another night?" Devin looks at her panicked.

"Babe." He says, as Evan slows down. "Your folks will never know. Come on, tonight's going to be special." She opens the door, and looks at him apologetically.

"I'm sorry." She says. "I'll see you Monday." She looks at me and smiles. "Thanks Harper."

"No worries honey." I say to her. She shuts the door, and disappears around the corner into her street. I look forward, to see two angry guys staring at me.

"What?" I ask innocently.

<><><><>

"See you later dude." Evan sighs, fist bumping Devin through the window. "Have a good night."

"Yeah." Devin answers darkly, staring at me. "Whatever."

Evan pulls out the driveway, and I climb into the front seat, smiling widely.

"Wipe that stupid smirk off your face." He growls. "You completely ruined Devin's night. Now he won't get any for at least another week."

"What do you mean?" I ask. "I only reminded Emma about the importance of family."

"Just shut up." He says. "You know what you did, and you're going to pay for it." I roll my eyes, just glad that my plan actually worked. At least for now.

"So why am I going to your house?" I ask.

"There's someone I want you to meet."