:Chapter 6:

:Dalton:

We were sitting at a table. Isabella, Lucas, and Derik were huddled around a laptop. Orchid was pacing back and forth. Andrew looked at her worried. "Anything yet?" I asked. Isabella shook her head no. Lucas continued typing on the computer.

I looked down at Alex who was huddled in blue and green plaid blankets. His nose was bright red. Alex had caught a cold a few days ago and it hasn't gone away yet. I ruffled Alex's hair as we focused on the hunters.

"Are they gonna catch the bad guy?" Alex asked as he yawned. I nodded as I hugged him. "We're not gonna let him hurt you again." I whispered. I looked back at Isabella. Her shirt was revealing her collarbone. I really wanted to push her against the wall and mark her.

Alex kept on staring at me and Isabella. 'Do you like her?' Alex asked mind-linking me. My face turned red. 'She's my mate.' I answered. Alex giggled as he continued playing on his iPhone. Isabella looked up and shook her head.

"Found it." Lucas said in a sing-song voice. "What is it." I demanded. Lucas looked back then at us. "Its called a shtriga, there sorta witches but their immortal nothing created by god or man can kill them." Lucas said as he tugged at his hair. "They take siblings out by the youngest to oldest." Derik added. "No you can kill them." Isabella said piping in.

"How?" Rory demanded. "Iron, you kill them with iron bullets when their feeding." Isabella said pushing her good hand through her hair. "What about demons?" I asked. "It'll only wound them and make them stop attacking for fifteen to twenty years. "What happens to the victims?" Noah asked pushing his hair back.

Isabella looked up giving us a sympathetic look. "They enter a coma and never wake up, they just die in their comas." Isabella said looking at Alex. "They disguise themselves in the day, usually as old women." Isabella finished as she closed the laptop. I nodded as I pushed Alex closer to me. Alex was extremely hot, he was running a fever.

"Alex, go take some ibuprofen." I said. Alex nodded and ran into the kitchen to get his medicine. Max sighed as he yanked his hair. I looked at his neck and noticed a marking. Not a mate's mark. "Max what's that on your neck?" I asked. Max froze but didn't say anything. "N-Nothing." Max stuttered.

Not hesitating I tackled him to the ground and ripped his shirt off of him. Getting up I yanked Max up at the same time. His right side of his neck was covered in black tattoos that looked like roots. "What the hell." Rodney yelled backing up. Max looked down.

Isabella limped over to him. Lucas lifted Max's head up. "Looks like it doesn't it." Isabella said as she traced the tattoos. 'That's not fair she's my mate.' Max looked like he wanted to cry. Isabella looked at Max. "Why is Max glowing?" Alex asked as he appeared in the doorway. Isabella and Lucas both froze when Alex said that.

Isabella's eyes lit up and she looked at Max. Her breath hitched. "Your a gift." Isabella whispered.  Max looked down. "What?" Nico said confused. Isabella turned around and looked at us. He's a gift from Artemis, the moon and hunter goddess." Isabella said.

Silence filled the room. "How?" Noah asked. "Well the moon goddess decided fourteen years ago to gift him." Lucas said in a 'duh' voice. I looked a Max who decided to look up at me. "How long did you know?" I asked. "Yesterday I found out." Max said. I nodded. Noah sat back down. "What does this mean?" I asked. "This town and neighboring towns now have three targets for any types of rogues and demons." Isabella said.

I sighed this was gonna be fun. I'm not gonna be the actual Alpha for decades but I get the title and authority. Alpha's choose when they end and when they rule.  I want to have a life and complete my dreams. I want to get on the New England Patriots football team. 'Secure the borders of the town and tell the other supernatural that our town might be attacked and to always be prepared for ambushes and that we're gonna have to work together.' I said mind-linking my entire pack.