Not Yet

Dylan and Lover The headline reads with a picture of you and Dylan hugging underneath.

Another headline reads Does Brittany know? In that , the picture of you two is also included.

Damn paparazzi.

You and Dylan had dated throughout high school.

Yes, true.

The picture of you hugging Dylan? Secret rondevu?

Absolutely not.

You and Dylan hugging because you randomly ran into each other and hadn't seen the other in years?

Yes.

Did Brittany know?

Yes.

Did Brittany know that the two of you exchanged numbers to again?

Yes.

Was that hug captured by the paparazzi completely innocent?

Absolutely yes.

Did you and Dylan hang out, with Brittany's knowledge?

Yes.

Did old feelings resurface between the two of you, resulting in a kiss?

Yes, it did for you.

Was that incident found out by anyone yet?

No. Not yet.

What was going to happen? Did that kiss feel as right to him as it did to you? Did that change his relationship with Britt? What did this mean? Was there a chance for the two of you again?

There had to be.

There had to be because there was more than one kiss. Each more heated and thirsty than the last. There had to be because he promised to talk to you soon. He promised.

He promised.

He always promises things. When the two of you broke up because you couldn't handle the while he filmed, he promised that it wasn't the end of you two. He promised that the two of you would find a way back to each other.

Was this that way?

You turn your attention away from the magazines at the stand as your phone rings in your purse. You dig around for a few seconds before finding it.

"Hello?" you .

"Hey Y/N, it's Dylan."

"Oh, uh, hey Dylan."

"Did you see it?"

"Yeah, I'm standing in front of it right now."

"Britt doesn't know."

"About the magazines or-"

"About how much I loved you before we broke up."

You're silent.

He said "loved". Past tense.

"Can I see you soon?"

"Uh, yeah, sure," you stumble.

"Like now?"

"Oh."

"I know, it's just we need to talk."

"Can you meet me at my place?"

"Yes, text me the address?"

"Of course."

You say your goodbyes and hang up. You race home to meet Dylan, nervous for the that awaits you there.

You race home after your phone call with Dylan.

You're both excited and anxious to see him. You have no idea which direction his sudden desire to see you is going to go.

Did he tell Britt? Is he going to break up with her? Does he still love you as much as you still love him?

He said loved. Loved. As in, past tense.

What does that mean?

What does any of this mean?

You are so frustrated and confused, you have no idea what to make of any of this and you're ready to rip your hair out.

Quickly, you try to straighten up your place and make yourself slightly more presentable.

You're at your house for about a half an hour before you hear a knocking on your door.

"Hey," you cheerily greet, opening the door.

That's when you find Britt on the other side of the door.

"Oh uh-"

"Can we just talk for a couple minutes?" she asks, wiping a tear from her face.

"I...uh...I guess so," you stutter, moving to let her in.

For a few minutes, you sit on couches faces each other in silence.

Finally, she says something.

"I know what happened," she practically whispers.

Shocked, you have no clue what to say.

"I mean, I know when you first ran into him and the magazines got a picture of it, that was all innocent. And...And I think that when you guys planned to catch up, you weren't also planning on kissing or anything."

You just sit there. Silently horrified.

She gives a sad, half smile. "Before, when we started dating, he said that he had a really serious girlfriend that he had to break up with because of circumstance. I could tell, you know. I could tell that he loved you."

She sighs, "Eventually, he loved me too. I love him. Maybe I always will. But he still loves you. That's why he broke up with me. I know he's still in love with you. He might not know how much he still is, but I think I know him well enough by now."

"I'm so sorry," you whisper.

Again, she just smiles sadly. "Don't. I made him choose. I made him choose you. I know you're the one for him. I know."

"Britt, I'm really sorry. I-"

"Y/N, don't be sorry. Just make him happy. Make yourself happy. Love each other the way I already know you're supposed to."

And with that, she gets up and leaves.

A/N: IDK if Dylan and Britt are still together? Like other than myself, I ship them. But, as long as dylan is happy. Also, I'm sorry I haven't updated it a while.

Instagram: Sxbirah

Twitter:bi254bi