Chapter 4: Attending school?

(Y/N)'s POV

We were peacefully having breakfast which the idiotic fox had prepared,we had decided that I'll stay in the Mikage shrine until we will figure out what to actually do,since I wasn't pleased with the contract at all,same went for Tomoe.

"(Y/N)-chan isn't it delicious?!?" Nanami excitedly chimed,inching closer to see my expression which was rather annoyed.

"My mother cooks better." I muttered under my breath while staring at the rice I was fetching with my chopsticks.

"Why don't you go home and let your mother cook for you then?" The fox angrily hissed,obviously annoyed by my precence.

I froze as I heard his words and a picture of my mother flashed in my head.I pushed the pain down as I always did in order to avoid tears.For all these years,I hadn't cried even once,I didn't want to look weak.

"She's dead." I calmly said while taking another bite.

"I'm so sorry!" Nanami immidently said,placing a hand on my shoulder to comfort me.

'Just go with that happy-go-lucky smile like you always do.' A voice said in my head.

I raised my head and turned it towards Nanami,a happy smile plasterd on it."It's fine!" I said as if I didn't care at all.But I did,a lot.

Nanami bought the fake smile while the fox didn't seem to answer with the same,he rested his elbow on the table and his chin on his hand,glaring at me suspiciously.I continued eating,ignoring his gaze on me.

"Anyway (Y/N)-chan,I was thinking about you attending school with me,you're 17 too,aren't you?" she asked,her mouth full of rice,making her voice a bit muffled.

"Is 'School' a place where human kids study?" I asked as I stirred the rice,without raising my eyes,not showing any intrest at all.

She nodded approvingly while still stuffing her mouth with food.

I placed my bowl on the table and stood.

"No." I said coldly,I didn't want to get involved with more people I already had.I was used to with being hidden away,that meant completlely alone,but I didn't mind...maybye just sometimes.

"But (Y/N)-chaaan!!" Nanami whined as I started to walk away.

I stopped,turning my head,looking out of the window calmly, lying my eyes on neither of them."I don't need more trouble than I already have." I said,looking at the gorgeous blue sky and fluffy clouds.

With that,I turned my head back and left,setting my steps to the room I was staying in,leaving Nanami there,frustrated.

-Timeskip-

Nanami dragged me behind her excitedly,blabbring how much fun we were going to have toghether.

Yes.I lost a bet,and now I was forced to attend this ridiculous building called 'School.I was wearing a school uniform and Nanami had done my hair.You could see clear annoyance on my face,also the fact that she was literally dragging me,my bag swinging between my slim fingers.

One moment I'm completely alone and safe in my own shrine,the next I'm dragged to school by a brown-haired girl,life is strange indeed.

-Timeskip to school-

I stood in front of the class confidently and forced a kind smile on my face as I started intorducing myself.

"Hello everyone,I'm (Y/L/N)(Y/N),I hope we'll all have a great time toghether!" I said sweetly while all the boys stared at me,hearts in their eyes,most of the girls were blushing too,over what?I have no idea.

But a ceratin boy caught my eye as I walked over to my seat.He had dark red hair and grey eyes.'A tengu' I remarked.He looked at me too,as if he had something in his mind.Something involving me.

Shivers went down my spine as I had unlocked my eyes from his,those plans didn't seem good.

After the first lesson that didn't go that bad,that Tengu walked over to my table and rested his hands on my desk,I saw a note between his fingers.

I looked at him with a surprised look while he grinned and placed the note in front of me."I'll be waiting for you,(Y/N)." he said in a honey voice that sent shivers up my spine again,I didn't like that guy.He gave me a final look and then left,I let out a sigh of relief and grabbed the letter,unfolding it.

'Meet me on the roof after this lesson

-Kurama'

I stared at the note uneasily,a look of suspicion on my face,I mentally shook my head to get rid of the uncomfortable feelings and folded the letter again,placing it on the desk then sighing deeply.

-Timeskip- (Damn,here is a lot of timeskips XD)

The note in my hand,I pushed the door to the roof open,looking at the Tengu with a frown.

"What do you want?" I asked as I walked closer to him.

I arrived in front of him,he was resting on the barrel that avoided people from falling down.

In a single moment,he pushed me against the barrel and trapped me,placing both of his hands on one of my sides.

I blinked a few times in suprise while he only smirked.

"My my,how rare to see The Lady of Flowers out her shrine." he said with an almost teasing voice.

I widened my eyes slightly

"Aren't you afraid of the yokai who are after you?" he tilted his head a bit while curiously asking me a question.

"They were after my mother,not me." I finally spoke,crossing my arms and putting a stubborn look on my face.

"They were after your mother's life elixir and heart,but she managed to pass them over to you before she died-" he brought his hand to my cheek "The liquid flowing inside you is extremely powerful and rare,same goes for your heart,if a defenceless girl like you comes out of her little home,she'll be murdered without hesistation,do you have any idea how many people long for the power you're carrying inside?" he asked while carressing my cheek and slowly leaning closer.

"Nonsense." I hissed and slapped him hardly across his cheek."If that's all you wanted then great,you have my answer." I grinned evilly as I stared at his stinging cheek,he glared at me rather annoyedly.

"See ya!" I yelled as I was about to leave.

"But remember,goddess of Flowers,that I'll make my way into your heart and devour all of its energy." he said while grinning and standing up.

"I have no intensions in falling in love.Never." I said as I looked back at him.My tone was serious,I really wasn't planning to fall in love,never if possible.I'm confident there isn't even a man who would be able to make me happy...

For some reason,I felt strong hatred towards men,maybe someting had happened to me that made me lose all my faith in them,yet I can't remember a single thing.I sometimes wonder if my memories have been wiped,but yet that's just a silly thought.

'But would something change if I got my memories back,if I have lost them in the first place...'

......................................................................

The longest chapter so far!

Ughh I'm so tired...but tomorrow is Friday so I can stay up late and write,YAY!

Anyway,thanks to everyone who is actually taking their time to read this,I'm really grateful.

Love you all,

Bye!