Prologue

I walk slowly and evenly along the beaten dirt path that I knew so well. This was it. Two years. Two years later and I was returning. Home? 

I squint my eyes slightly. Home. I don't think I have a home. I have a house. But I don't think I have a home.

I'll be seeing my... family? Do I have a family?

My mind goes to two young boys and another man who--despite his age-- just didn't have the innocence to be called a boy. My frown deepens. 

I did have a family. We just weren't related by blood.

And one of them was dead.

I think of my mother. Of my father. Would I return to their house? Strangely enough, I felt no need to. Father no longer scared me-- not so much because I was no longer a coward, but because I had nothing he could take away from me, he had nothing he could do to me.

No, I decided. I wouldn't be returning to their house.

I had received a few letters from my sister. Somehow, despite my near constant travelling, they had found me. Hideaki had rented an apartment for herself soon after her eighteenth birthday; about a month after I left Konoha. Though I received and read letters from both Hideaki and Shun, I didn't reply.

I needed to grow stronger. And I didn't need distractions for that.

Strangely enough, I had also received a letter from Kiba of all people. It was rather rude, mocking how I was still a genin while he had been promoted to chunin. I read it over several times. That could have been me. That could have been me and Shun and Daisuke. After rereading the letter for the umpteenth time I had stood, crumpling it, and went back outside to train despite the fact it was already dark.

Because I needed to grow stronger.

That's all that mattered now.

It was time to go back.

_____________________________________________________

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this little update!

How do you like the title? The cover? Made it myself, so.

Okay okay now that I've (finally) updated, I want to ask you all for a favor. Want to show how grateful you are for me updating? Then please please please please take the time to do this!!!

Supes and I have submitted/published The Frailty of Genius on inkitt! If we win the Fandom2 contest we have the opportunity to possibly work with someone on fixing it up and possibly even publishing it. (maybe it's not likely to get a fanfic published but it is a real possibility if we win this contest).We ask you to PLEASE support us on this venture and go vote! You DO have to create an account to vote, and I know that a lot of you don't want to take the time to make an account, but we ask you to please do so!If you create an account and vote on our story (link below) also write a review saying who you are on wattpad, then PM me on this account and say what you want! As long as it's not ridiculous then I will do it! Whether it's follow you, read your fanfic or receive an excerpt of one of my fanfics/sequels, I'll do it! Just please please please go vote for The Frailty of Genius!Any questions, PM me!

I'll also post the link in the comments!

hope you enjoyed this Prologue! Hopefully more to come soon!

Comment! Vote!

Bye!

gaara119