Loving a King

"Is it too much to ask that you don't sleep with those whores while I'm around?" I asked the handsome man in front of me.

    "They are not whores Annabelle! Why can't you get it through your thick French head?" He replied quickly defending his little party favors.

     I shook my head and scoffed, not believing a word coming out of his mouth. Henry had yet again been caught mounting a English slut. They call themselves ladies but have no sense as to keep their virtues. What man will want to make them their bride now that they are so impure? Their purity stolen by the bastard we call King.

     "Oh but they are! They are not only whores, but they have no brains it seems! You have ruined their lives as you have ruined mine!" I screamed at him, raising my hand as if I were going to strike him.

    He gave me a glare that dared me to touch him. I slowly lowered my hand and covered my mouth with it. Small sobs coming through, my throat clenching as I tried to keep myself from crying. I held on to the nearest piece of furniture, my head spun and I felt as if I would topple over. With one hand covering my face, I raised the other towards him.

     I leaned in, placing my small palm against his smooth clean shaven face. So unlike all the French men I had seen throughout my childhood.

"What happened to us? To our marriage? All the love we had for each other, banished, all that is left is the hatred you hold to me for stealing your freedom to climb into other's beds." My voice was unsteady, his piercing blue eyes stared into my soul.

       He raised his hand and placed it above mine, softly squeezing it. Gradually, he picked it up and dropped it by my side. He stepped closer using his thumb to move stray hairs that had been thrown on to my face when I was shaking from my anger. Doing so, he caressed my forehead. His face moving slowly, nearing my temples. He gave me a soft kiss and without another word marched out of my chambers.

A/N- Hopefully you guys will be interested and want to keep reading. This story began as an idea after watching The Tudors on Showtime, so if there is any resemblem all the credit goes to the makers of that incredible show.