Chapter Thirteen: Ross?

Your Point of View

"Ross? What are you doing here?" I ask, shocked.

"It's about your mom," He answers sadly. "My mom?" I ask. "W-what happened?!"

"Y/N," He begins with sympathy. "She had a heart attack back in Texas. She... Didn't make it," My knees buckle, and the world fades out around me. The darkness I know so well comes to me, and takes over before I hit the ground.

Ross' Point of View

Y/N's eyes went wide. Suddenly, her knees gave way, and she fell. I catch her before she can hit the ground. She fainted, probably from shock. I pick her up and carry her to her couch. I close the front door and find a blanket in a room, probably Y/N's room. I put the blanket on top of Y/N. I watch over her. She better enjoy this sleep. The realization that her mother is gone will hit her once she wakes up. It's already hit Adam....

About an hour later, her eyes open. She sits up and looks at me. Suddenly, her eyes go wide. Tears formed in her eyes. "Mom...." She whisper. I pull her into an embrace. Tears flood her cheeks. She holds onto me and cried into my shoulder. I hug her protectively.

I can't believe all of this has happened in less than a week. I feel really bad.

I don't know how long we stayed like that. I just knew that I had to protect her. After a long time, she pulls away and looks at me.

"Ross... Thank you for always being there for me," She whispers. She leans close to me and kisses my cheek. It sends an electric shock through my body. She pulls me in and hugs me tighter than she ever had. After that, she snuggles up close to me and rests her head on my shoulder. As I put my head on her head, her breathing slows, and soon she is asleep. I smile. My eyelids suddenly grow heavy, and sleep pulls me under.