Chapter 5: New York I

A/N: I know, I suck. Stupid writer's block is probably the worst thing in a witer's life. I am depressed because I have writer's block, how sad is that?

Anyway, I hate to keep you up from the chapter. I am sorry that it's not as good as the others but bear with me, I tried to make it long ;) Enjoy!

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~ 

                                         Chapter 5: New York Part 1

It has been officially decided.

Airplanes and I will never be good friends.

Ever.

That decision was made the minute I stepped into the airplane to New York. Actually, let me sidetrack a bit, it started the second I stepped into the airport itself.

Maria had taken the liberty of packing for me, an unpleasant surprise that I found out when I arrived at my apartment the day before I was scheduled to fly. She didn't even let me open the suitcase to make sure she had packed the right items. The only thing she did let me do is pack my purse, which quite frankly, contained unnecessary cosmetics that Maria had all but forced me to include. So if I really thought about it, I didn't pack anything.

I was fine with that, I mean, could I really argue with a pixie mind like her? If she wanted something, there was nothing that would stand in her way, not even her best friend. It was quite sad how she took over for me because I clearly had no willpower.

Yes, that's how you ended up sleeping with the boss and getting pregnant.

Anyhow, coming back to my actual story, I grabbed the suitcase that Maria entrusted to me and met Andreas at the airport. From then on, it had gone only downhill. 

I was walking towards Andreas when a little boy came running towards me. Without a warning, not only did he crush into the suitcase, but he also caused me to fall on my ass and break open my suitcase. But oh, I didn't get to the worst part yet. Why Maria had taken the liberty to pack for me was for one reason and one reason only. She had purchased a whole new wardrobe just for me and placed every single piece of lingerie Victoria Secret owned in that medium-sized luggage.

To say my face had turned red was an understatement. I was the colour of a tomato as I watched in horror my underwear on the floor with Andreas not even two feet away. I wanted to cry when I saw him turn away quickly after seeing what my bag contained, probably out of embarrassment at what I had pulled.

The little boy's family apologized but that didn't really erase the horrible memory from my head nor the image of my clothes lying on the airport floor. I was so embarrassed that I was willing to run back the airport door and never show my face ever again.

After that humiliating incident, Andreas acted like he hadn't seen anything. However, I didn't miss the amusement hidden in his eyes when he turned to talk to me. I didn't know what to do with myself. I could imagine what he was probably thinking; something along the lines of seduction by his personal assistant, or worse, that I had some weird obsession with lingerie. I could virtually see the wheels turning in his head after he saw my clothes in my suitcase. 

Well, what else would you want him to think? 

When we finally reached the plane, after an hour of checking out of the airport, we settled in one of the first class seats on a small jet. I was going to forget everything as the flight attendants treated me like a queen if it weren't for the people behind me.

For one, that same little boy who had bumped into me earlier sat directly behind me and whined the whole way to New York. It was that constant, never stopping to take a breathe kind of sound. I was seriously considering murder if it weren't for Andreas' pitiful look and apologizing grin. He melted everything away with one glance, and quite frankly, that didn't make me happy either.