Chapter Twenty-Seven: Well Done

Cheers come from every direction as Kyle and Kevin arrive at the foot of the rebellion manor. Phoebe couldn't help but run to Kevin and wrap her arms around his neck.

Phoebe rambles on as he laughs, "I missed you... I'm so sorry, I-"

"Phoebe," his demanding voice makes her look up innocently, "I missed you too."

With pure joy Phoebe gets on her tiptoes and pecks Kevin's lips. The boy she had forever been in love with, even when just friends now has his arms wrapped around her waist. The delight of conquering her feelings erupts in her chest. She knew where she belonged, in Kevin's arms.

Suddenly, a fist slams into Captain Smith's cheek, throwing him out of Phoebe's arms, "Captain. Welcome back."

Kevin glares back up at the man, but scrambles to his feet and salutes, "Thank you, Mr. President."

"No. Thank you for disobeying me," President Bridges says with a sparkle in his creepy red eyes, "I never knew your capability could be so high. In one day, Captain Smith of the Rogues took down the Capitol. Well done. My duty says I must punish you, but my pride tells me to reward you."

"It is an honor, Sir," Kevin salutes once again.

"It is an honow suh! I would die foh you, Suh!" Kyle mocks Kevin behind Phoebe who is still in shock of the whole situation. Apparently, this is normal for the Rogues. Phoebe hasn't been here long enough to know the definition of normal. Kevin and the President pay no mind to Kyle. Now that seems normal.

After many casualties, Kyle walks Phoebe to her room, "So you and Cap'n Crunch? What would your boyfriend say?"

A shock runs through Phoebe's heart. Tyler... "Shit! What the hell was I thinking? After he just-" she couldn't say it. She couldn't say he was dead. It's not possible. It-it couldn't be.

"What? What did he do?" Kyle stops walking, "Wait... He didn't do what I think he did... Did he?"

Phoebe furrows her brows, but suddenly puts her hand to her mouth, "Kyle! God no!" Phoebe then watches the ground, "Did-did you meet Xander...?"

Kyle sighs, as if burdened by the thought, "No, but Kevin did. I only saw a small bit from Kevin's wrist watch screen. Not the friendliest hobbit of them all."

"He... He is a little short," Phoebe acknowledges his joke without laughing.

"Okay, something's wrong. You didn't laugh. What did Tyler do?" Kyle tilts his head and raises an eyebrow inquisitively.

Phoebe bites her lip and frowns, "Xander said that-that Tyler is dead."

"I hate to say it but I don't really care about that little bubble brain," Kyle rolls his eyes, but then notices Phoebe's quivering lip, "Listen don't think about it too much, Xander was probably lying to you. It's not like he'd say anything in concern for you."

"You're right there's no way Tyler could be dead, right? I mean, Tyler was one of their best fighters, conversing with the enemy is not worthy of death..." Phoebe thinks out loud.

"Get some sleep. I know you don't feel like it, but sleep will help whatever you're feeling right now. As your trainer, I demand you to go to sleep," Kyle smiles and then bends over to swoop Phoebe up in a hug. Phoebe takes a deep breath in his arms. She's so confused. She loved Tyler... They were meant to be together, but she also loved Kevin, she's known him since she was six years old. But, even though she barely knows him, she loves Kyle, too. What kind of love for each? She doesn't know... Kevin's more of a family friend that everyone loves, Kyle is more of a little brother that you can't help but hug, and Tyler... Well, the love she feels for him seems way more than just love. It feels like destiny somehow.

Kyle let's her go to her bed alone this time since the stars were covered by a thick fog. Phoebe finds herself curling up on the mattress and daydreaming about her Pretty life. So much more simple, so much fun, and so much bliss. She almost wishes she were still in Tyler's arms, thinking about the clouds and parties and friends. Sounds pretty nice. It only took a few minutes for her to sink into sleep.

"Who do you think would be a perfect pairing for #%*¥£€?" a man with a mask over his face says the name very mumbling like as he hovers above a beautiful, naked girl as he watches the screen on the wall along with a woman doctor.

She scratches her chin, but then points at the screen, "Oh, Travis Tyler would definitely be perfect for her! He's in surgery now too. Update his profile quickly so the other docs can see."

"Alright. I agree, a celebrity like him will do fine for our greatest masterpiece yet! She deserves to be Queen!" the woman messes with a curl on the girl' head.

"Shh! You should not say such things!" The other doctor slaps her hand back down to her lap.

The doctor then looks down at the girl, "Okay, commence the last phase of the surgery, Pairing."

Suddenly, Phoebe jolts out of her dream, becoming aware of the shrieking in the halls. Who was that girl? They talked about pairing her with Travis Tyler... Wait...

"Wait.. what? I thought Travis Tyler was the host..." Phoebe says putting two and two together. Tyler equals Travis Tyler.

"Phoebe, I changed my look up. Didn't you get that update? I got a new surgery done and the name Travis really didn't fit me any more. So I went with Tyler. I probably should have told you," he says rubbing the back of his neck in nervousness. Why was he nervous? He's Travis Tyler! THE famous Travis Tyler!

"Oh my God. Tyler was programmed as my Pair by the government..."