Chapter Eight.

Chapter Eight.

I hugged my legs and rested my head on my knees as I quietly sobbed. I was 17 for fuck sake and the last thing I wanted was to get knocked up and end being pregnant. I sat against the bathroom door and blankly stared at the test which was in my hand.

The two strips on the test made me realize the outcome of my fucked up mistake. Involuntarily, my hand made its way towards my flat belly which wouldn't be the same in the next few months.

As much as the thought of my little bundle of joy growing inside my body thrilled me, I was also petrified by imagining how my life is gonna turn upside down. I have a whole life ahead of me, wherein I have to take care of my sister, go to culinary college and start my hotel someday. I wanted to fulfill my dreams before I take up the responsibility of bringing up a child.

"Johnson, are you in there?" I heard Blake call out, as he banged the bathroom door.

"Yeah, I'll be out in two." I retorted. I got up from my sitting position and washed me teary face. I wiped my face with a hand towel and slowly opened the door. Blake was standing right in front of me, his hands in his pockets as he observed my emerging figure.

My breathing hitched seeing Blake, the guy who impregnated me and who doesn't have a slightest bit idea about his child, that was slowly growing inside me. If I were to tell him about this, he would laugh at my face and send me to a therapist to stabilize my mental condition.

Yeah, that's Blake.

He would never believe because he would never sleep with someone like me, consciously.

"You alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Blake asked. I couldn't utter a word in front of him. The shock of being pregnant struck me hard enough to make me mute in front my crush and the father of my child.

"Grace?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I assured and wiped the sweat which was forming on my head due to anxiety, with a handkerchief. Blake continued scrutinizing me for whatever fucking reason. I clicked my fingers in front of him.

"Oi, snap out!" I said, pulling him out from whatever he was thinking about.

"You don't look well."

"I am not well." All because of you. Of course I didn't say that. "I'm just gonna take a pill and I'll be down. Damon's here?" I asked.

"Not yet, he will be though in a couple of minutes. And if you're not feeling well, we can do it tomorrow." Blake said. I stared at him with disbelief. Though I was internally dancing because Blake kind of cared about me but then, my practical inner self made me realize that the idea of Blake having a soft side for me is way too ridiculous to be real.

"Dude, did you hit your head or something?"

"What makes you think that?" Blake asked with confusion. I let out a low chuckle considering how cute he looked with that confused expression plastered on his face.

"Never mind." I shot a small smile. Surprisingly, Blake returned the gesture which was kind of surreal. He sauntered towards me and took his hand in mine and pulled me out of the bedroom.