» chapter 1 «

Evie and Damon are sat at the bar of The Mystic Grill, when Elena Gilbert walks in, catching their eyes.

"A doppelgänger? Are you kidding me?" Evie exclaims as her eyes followed the carbon copy of Katherine Pierce.

"Don't worry, Eve. We made a promise to make his life a living hell and we're going to uphold that," Damon reassures his sister.

Evie smiled at her fraternal twin brother, hugging him. "Just remember. Do not expose us."

Damon rolled his eyes teasingly. "Yes, Mother."

-

The front door opened, followed by the doppelgänger's voice, calling out Evie's little brother's name.

Evie, with a frown, sped downstairs and stood right behind the carbon copy as she turned to face Damon.

"I-I'm sorry for barging in. The door was- open," She trailed off, confused as to how the door was shut, due to Damon shutting it.

"You must be Elena. I'm Damon, Stefan's brother."

"He didn't tell me he had a brother," Elena said.

"Has a brother- and sister. Stefan doesn't brag too much," Evie spoke up, making her presence known.

Elena jumped and turned with a gasp, her eyes landing on Evie. "You look just like Damon."

"Considering we're twins, I would say it makes sense."

Elena ignored the Salvatore girl and walked into the twins' parlor. "Wow! This is your living room?"

"Living room-"

"Parlor!" Evie cut in.

"Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste," Damon says, looking around the parlor before looking back at Elena.

"I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time. For awhile there, I never thought he'd get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him."

"The last one?" Elena asked confused.

"Yeah. Katherine, his girlfriend?" Evie stared at her with an amused face, knowing she was still confused. "Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet," Evie says in fake realization.

"Nope."

"Oops. Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want us to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on rebound. We all know how those relationships end," Damon teases, wearing his infamous smirk.

"You say it like every relationship is doomed to end," Elena narrows her eyes with a frown.

"We're fatalists."

Stefan walks in right behind the twins. "Hello Stefan," They say in sync when they feel his presence in the room.

"Elena. I didn't know you were coming over," Stefan states, staring at his older siblings coldly.

"I know. I should've called I just..."

"Oh, don't be silly. You're welcome anytime. Isn't she, Stefan? You know, we should break out the family photo albums or some home movies. But...I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker," Damon jokes around.

Stefan quickly changes subject. "Thank you for stopping by, Elena. Nice to see you."

"Yeah, I should probably go. It was nice to meet you, Damon," Elena turns to Evie.

"I never got your name."

"Because I never gave it." Evie stared at Elena with a look of distaste. "Goodbye, Elena."

Elena turns to leave, but stops when Stefan doesn't move out of her way and blocks the exit.

"Stefan.....Stefan?" Stefan finally moves, taking his eyes off of the twins, and Elena leaves.

"I'm going to skip the 'what are you doing here, what is your plan' talk and leave. Goodbye, Stefan," Evie stated and sped out the door before he could catch her.

-

After getting drunk and killing a few people, Evie returned home to find Damon pouring himself a drink.

"Where's Stefan?" Evie asked slowly.

Damon turned to her with a straight face. "Asleep, probably. You should go do the same."

Evie scoffs. "I'm not a little kid, Damon. I make my own decisions."

She smiled and giggled. "But that's a damn good idea, so goodnight hon!"

Damon bid her goodnight and she went upstairs, straight to her room which was beside Damon's.

"Goodnight, Stefanie!" Evie shouts when she heard Stefan walking around in his room.

"Goodnight Evan!" He shouted back to annoy her.

"Both of you shut up and go to sleep!"

-

Vote, comment, and share bbs <3