Chapter 11

Hello fellow readers! Thank you so much for sticking with this book! This is kinda the part two of this book. This part will have a lot more of the Doctor in it. So, yay! I'm excited! Again, if you would like a chapter dedication/shoutout, comment your favorite Doctor Who character (of course, you don't have to).
Also, this book is up to 29 votes! Thank you all! It always makes my day.

  Oh, and just a heads up, these next few chapters might be a little...weird. But, interesting nonetheless.

As always, enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's time." 

"The moment has come." 

"I'm sorry, but it's for the best."

I did something I never thought I would ever do again. I opened my eyes.

I wake up to the sound of voices. Familiar voices, but I couldn't tell whose. But, at this point, totally don't care. I'm more interested in the fact that I'm alive. I'm still in the basement, still tied to the wall. Of all the things that have ever happened to me, I must say, this tops it off as the weirdest.

  The voices still echo through my head, now too quiet for me to hear. Before, I do anything, I need to free myself from the wall. I start to pick at the rope tied around my hands. After that doesn't work, I stand up, and with all my might, I pull on the rope. The rope snaps, sending me flying backwards onto the concrete floor.

   I sit up, more confused than I've ever been. I mean, I died, did I not? Did I somehow survive being shot from a 10 foot distance in the neck? I've never heard of anyone living through that.

  The sound of machinery comes from outside the house. I don't know how much time has passed, but I assume construction has started for that road that goes...right through the house. Oh no, I've got to get out of here. I somehow cheated death once, I'm not going to wait around and see if I'll survive a building falling on my head. I have time worry about myself later.

  I run up the stairs, and peek out the front door. I don't see anyone, so I start to turn the door handle. Wait. I need something. I run up to my room, which is pretty empty now. They took out my bed and bookshelf, but they left all my personal items. Apparently they weren't worth saving. I grab my bag, and start stuffing all of my belongings into it. I lug my bag onto my shoulder, and then look around my now completely empty room for probably the last time. Then, I run down the stairs and out the door. I hide behind a tree. I see a bunch of construction workers, and a large wrecking ball (wait, they actually use those?). The workers are talking into walkie-talkies, directing the person controlling the wrecking ball. I watch them swing it back and forth, then straight into the side of the only house I ever lived in. Without them noticing, I run into the woods directly behind the house.

  I don't want anyone seeing me just yet. Everyone thinks I'm dead, and I want it to stay that way. But, where am I going to go? I can't just live in the woods for the rest of my life. After having a full blown conversation with myself, I decide to go to the only person I've ever really trusted. Alyssa. She deserves to know I'm okay. Plus, she only lives a few minutes away. In fact, I think I can get half way there through the woods. With one last glimpse at the now rubble house, I take off into the woods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After running through the woods, and dodging the sight of the occasional car, I finally catch sight of Alyssa's house. Her parents' car isn't there, they must be at work. I walk over to her front door, and before I think twice, I ring the doorbell. I realize I don't know what to say, I'm not even sure if she knows I "died".

  The door opens, and out comes Alyssa. She stares at me, not saying a word.

  "Er, hi Alyssa," I say. She still stares at me. "So, how are you?" She still doesn't say anything. "Um, Alyssa, you there?" Still nothing.

  "Alyssa-"

  "You died." She finally says.

  "Well-"

  "You are dead. They dedicated an article of the newspaper to you. Oh my gosh, why have you come back to haunt me?"

   "Alyssa! I'm not a ghost!" But before I can finish my sentence, she's already ran back into the house. I walk in after her. I find her huddled in the corner, holding a dictionary as a shield.

   "Alyssa, listen. If I make you that scared, I'll stay over here. But please, just listen to me. I didn't die. Well, I did die, but I'm not a ghost! I'm alive as ever. I don't want to hurt you. I need help...and you're the only person I'm willing to trust right now." I say.

She lowers her book shield. "But you died. Didn't you?"

        "I...don't know," I say, "It's kind of a long story."

         "Well, I've got time."

           We sit down in her living room, and I tell her everything. I told her about Ann and Stan moving, about the hospital, about the...you know. She already knew about the Dreams, so that helped explaining things.

           "Hang on," she says after I finish, "Ann killed you? She told everyone that you died from your 'mental illness'," she hands me a newspaper article.

                   Orphan girl dies after struggling with unknown mental condition

   Yesterday, Brielle, 13, passed away from her undiagnosed mental disease. She lived in a foster home her entire life, and never had a real family. Even with Brielle's constant daily struggles, she continued to remain upbeat and positive until the very end.
  Brielle had been living with her medical condition since she was little. It caused her to go into deep comas for several minutes daily. Unfortunately, doctors were unable to diagnose Brielle's condition.
  Brielle had been coping with her disease until about 2 weeks ago, when she went into a coma and wouldn't wake up. She fortunately did wake up a few days later, but was left weak and ill. She was sent back to her foster home later that week. Only a day after going home, Brielle went into another coma, and sadly, never woke up.
  Brielle had been living with two wonderful foster parents, who cared for Brielle her entire life, named Stan and Ann Park. Because the Parks were right in the middle of moving when Brielle died, Stan was unable to be interviewed. However, Ann was kind enough to stay behind a little longer to document Brielle's life.
  "It's a shame, really," Ann Park told us,"she was actually doing very well until just a few days ago, then she just went completely downhill." She described to us the daily struggles Brielle went through every day, "She was a lot of work," Ann told us, "Most people just never realized what she struggled with. But she always had a special place in my heart."
  Brielle died without a family, but the Parks always treated her like their own. It's still upsetting she never had a true family and how sadly she died, but hopefully this child will live on through her amazing story.

  "Wow, you weren't kidding," I said, after reading the article.

    "I'm assuming it's all a bunch of lies?" asked Alyssa.

      "Pretty much."

       "Well," Alyssa starts, "As crazy as that is, I'm more interested in you. There's a lot of crazy things that have happened to you, but waking up after you died, that by far tops it off."

        "I know," I say, "I never really got time to let that sink in. It was all, wake up, and run."

         "Ha, yeah, you've been "running" for a while, I guess," Alyssa says.

         "You have no idea."