Chapter Thirteen

A/N: I know...how long has it been??? 

I've really missed this story as it's one of the favorites that I've written, so I wanna bring it back. Hopefully I stick with it. Sorry if it sounds a little different. It;s been a minute since I've written this one so it'll take a second to adjust back. Anywho, hope you like it.

Chapter Thirteen

"So...are you gonna talk to me?" Logan asked as we pulled into the driveway.

"I just needed a ride." I muttered as I climbed out of the car, hurrying inside.

I heard Logan get out of the car, following me inside. As I went to my room so did he.

"Pretty sure you sleep downstairs, Logan." I said as I tried to shut my bedroom door. He held it open, walking in.

"Come on, Macy. You can't seriously be mad that I talked to our father. Can you?"

"I can be mad if I want to! I can hate you for wanting to have a relationship with that man! And I sure as hell can hate you for not telling me about it! I mean...why? Why would you want to see this man when he LEFT us? And for what? So he can live a few miles away in his own world?" I shouted, my eyes watering.

"Macy he needs me, he needs us. He wants to be a part of our lives."

"Well I don't want him to be. If he needed us, why did he leave, huh?"

"Because he knew grandma would be better for us until he could get himself together. It just took him a little longer to do that than he thought." Logan said, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, years."

"Macy, please just understand that he's still our father."

"Pretty sure he stopped being my father when he walked out on us." I muttered.

Logan let out a defeated breath just as our grandmas voice rang in the air. "Logan, come help me with these groceries."

He looked over at me with hesitation before making his way to the kitchen.

I wiped my eyes before any tears could fall and plopped down on my bed. How is it that in maybe two hours, two relationships have crumbled?

Falling asleep before dinner was easy for me as the events of earlier had ruined my appetite. I was hoping that by morning I could forget everything that happened and pretend that certain people don't exist, at least for a little while.

"Macy! I've been texting you since last night!" Aria screeched as I stepped out of my car Wednesday morning.

"Sorry, I was knocked out by 7."

"Rough day...again?" Aria asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, but I don't wanna worry about it. Let's just go in."

The day went by agonizingly slow and slower when I had to share the room with Zander. I honestly didn't think he'd show up to class...at least, that's what I was hoping for. I was so mad at myself for still caring about what happened to this idiot, but I did. You don't go into defense mode like he did for something small. Whatever it was, it was big and fighting myself to figure out just what it is was hard.

"See you later for movie night?" Aria asked as I stepped out of her car.

I nodded. "Yup, thanks again for the ride."

"No problem. Bye, dweeb."

"Loser." I chuckled. Shutting the car door, I walked the front door as Aria pulled off. Getting inside I went straight for my room, throwing myself and my bag on the bed. Just five minutes of silence.

Too quiet.

Sighing I stood up, moving to my closet. Flicking the closet light on, I went to the pile of clean clothes I'm too last lazy to put away and pulled out some yoga pants and a muscle tee crop top. Once I had the clothes on, I again went to my bed, falling back with my legs hanging off. My eyes were just starting to close when I heard a loud bang. I wasn't sure where it came from but crashing soon followed. I sat up, waiting to hear something again and turned to look outside my window.

My eyes widened when I saw through Zander's window. In his room he stood with his father who seemed to be yelling fiercely. His father grabbed the side of Zander's neck and pushed him to the ground. I couldn't see Zander anymore but I was able to see his father pull his leg back and force it into his son's stomach. He was shouting something with every kick. I stumbled back; barely able to comprehend what was happening.

The man knelt down, pulling Zander up by his shirt collar. My eyes started to water at what I was seeing and I brought my hand to my mouth. I knew I should be doing something but what?

Zander's father dropped his son before shaking his head and leaving the room. I let out a slight whimper as I waited for Zander to get up, but I didn't see him. "Come on, come on, come on." I whispered.

I glanced towards the front of his house hoping to see his father leave. Grabbing my phone and keys, I ran out of my room and out the front door. I froze on the porch. It's not like I could just go over there, not with his father still in the house. He would never let me in to see his son in that state. Who would to something like that to their own child? God, I hope he doesn't hurt Hunter too. I paced back and forth, glancing next door every other second.

My breath hitched when the front door opened. Immediately I out my phone to my ear, pretending to talk to someone. I glanced over and saw Mr. Key looking over at me.

I mustered up a smile and wave. "Afternoon, sir." He nodded, giving a slight wave back as he walked to his car. He got in, not wasting anytime before taking off. The second he was out of sight I ran over, knocking heavily on the front door. "Zander!" I shouted. "Zander!" I repeated, banging on the door.

I rushed to the side of the house where Zander's room was. Peaking through, I saw him lying on the floor. He moved slightly, gripping his sides. I went to the back door, sliding it open. I sighed in relief to find it was unlocked. Once I was inside, I ran to Zander's room and burst through the door. "Zander?! I'm not going to ask if you're okay but can you say anything?" I asked as I knelt beside him."

He groaned, "What are you doing here?"

I let out a humorless chuckle. "I wish you would've told me...or someone about this."

"About what?" He muttered as he tried to get up. I pushed him back down, only allowing him to sit up.

"I saw it. I saw him do this to you. Zander I know you don't like me right know but please let me help you." I begged, tears brimming my eyes.

He shook his head. "You shouldn't be here. You need to go..." He said, looking me in the eyes. "Before he gets back."

"Zander, I'm not leaving you." I told him, making sure he knew I was serious.

"If he comes back and you're here."

I shook my head. "I won't be here when he gets back. Or he'll at least not know. Zander, please."

He sighed, wincing as he did but he nodded. I wrapped my arms around him loosely, trying not to hurt him anymore than he already was. He slumped against me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him.

"I know you don't want my help and you probably don't want anything to do with me but I'm going to be here no matter what." I told him. "I mean it."