Chapter 8: Sigh

Class ended for the day. I entered the car as Zoe buckling her seatbelt on. "I didn't see Kieran this afternoon session." She said trying to make me fall in her trap, thinking that I care.

"So?"

"Aren't you abit curious where he might be?"

"He's old enough to do anything he wants." I retorted, finishing the conversation.

"Okay, if you say so." But as I came to remember it was the now a week from the incident at the alley. Did he skip school to meet the bearded guy. I let out a sigh thinking about it.

"What was that for?" She ask curiously as she scroll on twitter.

"What was what for?"

"The sigh, Do you have a problem or something that you are not telling me about Maddie?" She turn to my side and looked at me, I didn't meet here gaze, fixing my eyes on the road.

"Nope, I'm good." I answered.

"Ya sure?"

"Yup!"

I parked at my driveway, killing the engine. Zoe and I are going to hang out for a bit and make our homework for she needed help on history.

"Arg! I hate this!" She complained slamming the book close with her arms crossed.

"You have to finished that you know." Opening her book again with a chuckle.

"Can I just copy yours?" She ask

"No! Zoe." Not by means that I was being selfish, it's just that I want her to learn and not always depend on someone.

"Please." She was giving me the puppy eyes.

"But Mrs. Re-"

"Common Mads!" She cut me off.

"No" shaking my head.

"Pretty, pretty, pretty please!"

"Na-uh!"

"It will make you the bestest bestfriend ever." She was shaking me, repeatedly.

"Stop, Stop!" I yank her hands away. "Fine!" I gave her my notebook.

"Yes! I knew it!" Hugging the notebook as she gave me a toothy grinn. "You're the best!"

"But-" taking her pen. "This is the last time. I'm going to tutor you all day and night If I have to just to make you understand the lesson and I will."

"Okay, okay Mother." She stick her tongue out at me, laughing.

There was a knock on my door, and dad entered.

"Hi!" He said swinging the door open.

"Hi!" I greeted him back, Zoe only waved as she was busy writing.

"So, I just came in to check on you two. Everything okay?" We both nodded. "And also to say that sweetie I might be home late tonight."

"Again?" I frowned.

"Yes, I'm sorry." He offered a comforting smile. "But I already made dinner, just heat it up when you're hungry."

"Okay."

"Or she can just eat at home, with us." Zoe taking a break on her writting.

"That's a great idea." I said agreeing to her. "I can do that. Can I?" Asking for permission.

"Sure. I will not stay long now, I have to go. Study well." He said before closing the door.

_____________________