1|Going back home

It is 6 in the morning. The sun is up and the view from the window of the cab as I am driven to the airport is breathtaking. This is probably the last time I am driving through these roads. I hope it is. London has been nice, but only in bits. For the most part for the last 3 years, I totally engrossed myself in academics, music and basketball, just to ensure that my move here would be worth it in the end. Today, as I go back to India, I only have a few regrets.

A few.

The fact that I had to leave my mother back at home, tops the list. But, this load will soon be off my chest. I am going back. Yes!

"Here is your boarding pass, Mr. Malhotra. Have a pleasant flight." The lady behind the counter says to me with a polite smile, which I do not return. Her cheeks flush and she looks down as I walk away.

Yes, I am the type of person that doesn't smile randomly, or talk much. Back at London University, everyone thought I was a dick, when all I was doing was trying to finish my degree as soon as possible and get out of there. London was just a temporary stop for me along the way. I still have further to go. Much further. Now that I am returning to India, I will finally be able to put my ultimate plan into action. The plan to avenge all that was lost to me and mom.The plan that I could rip anyone apart for.

After a few minutes of waiting, a shrill voice rings in through the speakers, announcing my flight to Delhi. I take a deep breath and get up from my chair.

Praveen Singhania, here I come!
.
.
.
.
.
.