Death is My BFF Series

Author: katrocks247

Genre:   Fantasy   |   Humor   |   Teen Fiction

Rating: PG-13

Wattpad Code:  1698328   2773365   4244707   8853003   29508399

Death is My BFF (Book 1)

The moon was full and bright, casting its white glow along the darkness and shadowing all of the trees and creatures of the night. Conveniently, you could say, it just happened to be Halloween.

Did I mention a werewolf was thirsting for a bite of... oh, you wish it was that type of story. So do I.

There was a full moon, it was Halloween and Death was searching for me. Sounds like fun? Well it was, because I had been successfully avoiding him.

Everything you know about Death is wrong. Death is not 'normal' or 'natural', and Death is never by any means doleful, because Death is a living, breathing creature.

One who is the opposite of all of that.

I assure you though, Death is in fact evil. Death is mercenary, fierce, uncontrollable, sly, invasive, tactless, pompous and of course, unexpecting. So watch your back.

It seems obvious to most what "Death" would look like: a long black cloak covering not only his taut muscles, but his angelic features. His frame is stereotypically massively tall so he can loom down at any individual he deems less superior or is next victim.

Hate to break it to you, but really the guy could literally be anyone you meet or know in your everyday life. He can take form of anyone or anything he wishes to mimic.

But don't worry reader, you have me to help you. My advice to you is never look anyone in the eyes, never tell anyone where you live, never invite anyone into your house, and never, and I mean NEVER trust anyone.

Why you ask?

Because once he get's an invite into your life, he will never leave until it ends.

*COMPLETED: November 20, 2011*

Death is My Best Friends For Life and Death (Book 2)

Let's start at the beginning shall we?

I died.

Oh no, not one of these stories again where someone angelic and heroic saves the damsel in distress.

If only I was that lucky.

My heart stopped beating. My lungs stopped working, my soul began to lift away...

And then I was saved by a beautiful man with a kind heart and sparkles sprinkled around his head in a golden halo. A cunning, dazzling smile etched his angled features and his hair lay perfectly on his head like...black, sinful layers of pure cynical distrusting evil. Evil that was just waiting to onset an innocent girl as myself and allow her a short amount of time of happiness, and then finish her off when she became older.

I'll give you a hint. The beginning of that description was slightly exaggerated.

The Angel of Death. One of the only creatures known that was capable of settling the boundaries of heaven on earth. The only creature capable of making one of the Devil's darkest deals to my loving mother; a second chance for her daughter.

This comes with consequences of course.

Everything you know about Death is wrong. Death is not natural, Death is not normal, Death is not doleful, and Death is far from mercenary.

Death blends into the shadows like coal against the most atramentous sky.

Death walks the earth with his cursed, monstrous and exotic features, his enticing voice and betraying alluring eyes.

Death deceives, scratches, and plays with your mind, until you slowly and painfully lose your grip on reality. He'll make you believe he's a different person, that there's a sliver hope for him. Hope for you.

Death is close.

*COMPLETED: April 14, 2012*

Death is My Frenemy (Book 3)

It hadn't hit me right away, many things, but especially the fact that I was about to turn twenty years old. It was as if it was just yesterday that I was learning how to make peanut butter sandwiches, tie my shoes, and draw endlessly with fat crayons--which I thoroughly believed to be a masterpiece. It had to be yesterday, when I was befriending any new person that I met with a dazzling smile.

No, those were the years that I was numb--masked from the world and blissfully unaware of the dangers and lingering dark edges of the Chicago city.

Life moves fast; terrifyingly fast for some, especially those who try and anchor down each and every day of their existence. For others, it moves drearily slow. I used to be numb, I used to be unaware of the shadows deep within the corners of the earth, the watchful figures around me. I used to draw scribbles, struggle to tie my shoes, and fail at doing the simple things, like tying shoes. I used to make friends with anyone I met and kept that friendship over a promise. I used to do a lot of things, actually. But that was when life was a whole lot simpler, safer, and perfect.

That was before I knew about Death.

That was before he became my frenemy.

*COMPLETED: October 28, 2012*

Death is My Friend with Benefits (Book 4)

*COMPLETED: NOVEMBER 6, 2013*

Death is My Soulmate (Book 5)

**ONGOING**