You meet ~ Jay

You're in your bedroom, playing happy wheels on your laptop when your phone beeps with a text message from your friend.
Hi, y/n.
Sup?
You start typing incredulously
B/f/n, you just messed up a perfectly good game of happy wheels. I nearly beat my high score :(
As you settle down to get back to your game, your phone beeps again.
"Seriously, b/f/n?" You say aloud.
The text reads:
Wanna come to town with me? I'm bored and since you're my bestie, I thought...
Please?
You know you love me :)
Oh well, you think. It's not like you have anything better to do, anyway. You grin and tap out a reply.
Love you? In your sweet dreams, b/f/n.
Where should I meet you,
See you in half an hour.
5 minutes later, you have arranged to meet at the bandstand in town.
You drag on a f/c t-shirt and jeans and walk to town.
------------------------------------
Walking to the band stand, you're lost in thought. Suddenly there's a loud thud, and an even louder ow! and you're on the floor.
You just bumped into someone.
Oops.
"Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry," you say worriedly, helping the guy up.
"I was in my own little world and I didn't even see you coming."
He looks you in the eye, and you notice just how nice a blue they are. They're just like crystal pools and you find yourself lost in them.
"Hey, me too! My girlfriend just dumped me for my best friend, and I was thinking abo- Wait, you don't wanna hear this, do you?"
You shrug and grin.
"Hey, me and my friend are going shopping, wanna join us? It might help you feel better," The words tumble clumsily out of your mouth.
"Shopping?" He asks indignantly, "I'm heartbroken, not gay."
"Rude!" You tut, "and, seriously, you haven't been shopping with me and b/f/n get. Oh, by the way, my name is y/n."
"Ok, y/n! And my name is Jay, in case you were wondering. Why not?" He laughs.
You drag him over to b/f/n
"B/f/n, this is my new mate Jay, and he is heartbroken because his girlfriend just dumped him, so we are going to cheer him up and take him shopping!"
------------------------------------
2 hours later, it's as if you and b/f/n have know Jay forever. You have been in several clothes shops trying on crazy hats, a technology shop where you played in the iPads and eaten KFC, laughing so hard your faces ache. As it turns out, Jay is absolutely hilarious, and his jokes make you and b/f/n laugh. And maybe they make you blush a little too.
Suddenly b/f/n's phone rings.
"Yes, mum? Oh ok, I'm on my way back." She ends the call.
"Sorry, guys, I guess I have to ditch you. Bye!"
You and Jay watch b/f/n walk off.
"So, y/n, where next?" He asks.
You and Jay hang out for another hour or so, and when you both finally have to go, you exchange numbers and arrange a shopping trip for the same time next week.