Chapter Thirty

Harry's green eyes bored into mine, and I let out an uneasy breath as I waited for his response. The bottle and note were placed down onto the counter behind him, and in seconds he pulled me up against him and spun me around, lifting me up onto the bench. His long, lean body stepped in between my legs and he smiled as he leant forward and pressed his lips to mine. With gentle force he parted my lips and my hands gripped the fabric of his shirt, fisting the material between my fingers and he thrust his tongue into my mouth. I heard a gravelly groan as my fingers raked up his abdomen, sliding all the way up under his shirt to grip at his shoulders. My body was pulled in impossibly closer as my legs wrapped around him and he pressed up against me, our bodies connected everywhere. I let my hands travel up his neck to fist his long hair, and Harry made a deep sound of approval. When we parted our foreheads were pressed together, and his hot breath was fanning across my already heated cheeks.
"This is the most precious gift I have ever been given." Harry whispered softly, his lips brushing mine with every word he spoke.
"I'm glad you like it." I smiled.
"I love it. I love you." We grinned at one another and I felt all the tension leave my shoulders, glad he liked the gift.
"I hope you're hungry." Harry spoke up with a smile, and I watched as he served a delicious looking meal up onto two plates. We sat at the dining table, eating and conversing like it was the most normal thing in the world to the both of us, when in fact it was all new to me. My so-called family never ate together, if we could even afford a meal that night. When we did eat, it was me and Geordie hiding away in our room, knowing that being seen led to being hurt. Invisibility was our best defence, but with Harry there was no possible way of escaping, and I didn't want to either. After dinner was finished and the dishes had been done, we found ourselves curled up on the couch in the living room, the fireplace lighting up the room with a orange glow.
"What's your favourite movie?" Harry suddenly asked, and I laughed lightly at the simple question that had seemingly come out of nowhere.
"Well that was random." I giggled, trailing my finger along his sharp jawline.
"I know the deepest secrets you hold, I know the strange and fascinating parts about you," his index finger trailed down my neck and dragged the scoop neck of my shirt down teasingly, "but I don't know the surface." I titled my head in confusion, and pondered on his statement.
"My favourite movie?" I repeated, and Harry nodded.
"I can guarantee you've never heard of it. 'Teenage dirtbag.' It's a love story, but so much more realistic than others." I admitted, watching Harry's reaction.
"Bad boy huh?" Harry smirked, and I shook my head.
"Good boy with bad demons. He was troubled, he had bad parts for sure, but there was something about him that made him a better person than the supposed good girl. It had elements of a typical love story, popular rich girl, poor troubled boy, but without the Hollywood ever-after ending." Harry watched me with a coy smirk, an expression flickering in his eyes that I couldn't quite decipher.
"Sounds like a gender-reversal love of you and me." He smiled, and I laughed as I playfully slapped his chest, but my hand stilled against his chest as the truth of his story hit me.
"It kind of is actually." I confessed. "Even Thayer's home life resembled mine." I mused, surprised the thought had never occurred to me before. I looked up at Harry to see curiosity swimming in his eyes.
"We are going to watch this movie." Harry stated, getting up from our position on the couch and picking up his laptop from on the coffee table.
"It would be online, right?"
"Everything is these days." I quipped, making him smile. A grin spread across my lips as I saw the screensaver of his laptop was a photo of the two of us. He had taken it with a flash camera of his when we were kissing, holding it above our heads, giving a birds eye view of us tangled up together. I loved the photo, and I was pleased to see he did too. Harry found the movie easily, and he linked it up to the TV with a HDMI cable, and pulled me into his body as we watched the movie together. By the time the credits were rolling I was burying my head into his chest to hide my tears. Harry laughed lightly at my emotional state, and he rubbed soothing circles in my back.
"I see why you like it." He murmured gently, making my head snap up to look at him.
"Really?"
"Mhmm." He hummed. "Although Amber was a bitch if you ask me." I laughed in agreement, making him smile.
"Thayer deserved better. He deserved to be loved." I grumbled in anger at the movie.
"Is that movie where you got your love for poems?" Harry asked delicately. I slowly nodded, and Harry smiled in understanding.
"I love how he managed to get all his emotions across and bare his heart in just a few lines. It fascinated me. I think that's why I love poems. Did you like them?"
"I did." Harry agreed.
"You're not just saying that to be the chivalrous kiss-ass you always are, are you?" I joked making Harry snort a laugh.
"You're so beautiful, love. I grind you into a soft, white powder, and inhale you, and then lick you off my fingers." I listened, transfixed as he recited the poem effortlessly.
"You, love, answer me. Your face brings me death every day, and every day I can't wait to die. Bury me now, love. Bury me now."
"You memorized it already?" I asked in awe, sitting up and wrapping my arms around his neck.
"It wasn't hard when it reminded me of you. My other half. How can you forget a part of yourself?" Harry whispered, and I shook my head in amazement. Not sure how to respond, I smiled coyly and looked up at him.
"Or perhaps because it was only five seconds ago." I replied, continuing to quote the movie that now meant something special to the both of us. Harry laughed as he clicked on that we were still quoting the movie, and I smiled as he leaned in close, our noses brushing.
"One..." Harry whispered, him pushing me down against the couch, his arms pressed down either side of my head.
"Two..." I whispered back as my leg wrapped around his waist from behind and pulled him down onto me.
"Three..." His lips grazed mine, the touch not nearly enough.
"Fourfive." I rushed out and Harry laughed as our lips met together, and I kissed him passionately, letting us both get lost in each other.