PJO; Annabeth vs Percy in Betrayals

Okay so you've got the ship that has taken about ten books and the better part of ten years to engineer and you're reading through a nice betrayal fanfic.

THEN SUDDENLY PERCY GETS FRAMED

PLOT TWIST

NEVER SAW THAT COMING

And to make matters worse

HIS WISE GIRL TURNS UPON HIM BECAUSE NO WAY THAT SHED EVEN LISTEN TO PERCY FIRST.

I MEAN PEOPLE.

COME ON, THIS IS ANNABETH

THE GIRL THAT COUNTS THE MONTHS, WEEKS, DAYS, HOURS, MINUTES, SECONDS THAT SHES BEEN SEARCHING FOR HIM FOR SOME NINE OR SIX (I can't remember) MONTHS!!!!?

AND THEN SHE JSUT DITCHES HIM IN A SPLIT SECOND LIKE WUT ARE YOU ON?

There was this one fanfic that I read and Percy had just disappeared and within three months she was practically going out with someone else. Congrats to the author for thinking up of something other than the typical cliche conventions.

Remember, if your character is going to do something stupid, JUSTIFY IT.

EVEN IF THAT MEANS DOING A CRAPPY ONE LINE SENTENCE WHERE SHE EXPLAINS IT OR MAKE THE READERS ANTICIPATE SOMETHING MORE, ITS A GOOD WAY TO FREAK THEM OUT.

E.G. Her eyes avoided my heartlost look, she looked down in shame, there was something off about her demeanour, something that made me feel like this Annabeth wasn't my Annabeth.

THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WILL MAKE READERS FLIP OUT. IS ANNABETH BEING CONTROLLED? IS SHE AN IMPOSTER OF GAEA? NO ONE WILL KNOW UNTIL THE FINALE WHERE ANNABETH AND PERCY MAKE IT OR COMPLETELY BREAK IT.

Thank you for tuning into your weekly cliche rant.