Chapter 10

~Craig~

"So are you coming Craig?" Clyde asked waving a hand in my face.

"What?" I hadn't been listening at all, a blond idiot still swirled in my head like a plague.

Do I actually hate him? Isn't that why I pick on him? I remembered the way he looked on Tuesday in the hall. With the big green eyes, the scared shivers, the way his voice trembled when he spoke. I had truly felt bad about it, guilty even! Maybe I'm too hard on him. I couldn't even remember why I started picking on him in the first place.

"Craig... Pay attention." Clyde sighed. "Are you coming with us to the amusement park or not?"

I shook my head, and hopefully the rest of these thoughts out. "When?" I haven't hung out with the guys in awhile and Clyde was getting antsy.

"Saturday of course. It'll be fun." He pleaded with his eyes. He used his chocolate brown puppy eyes to convince just about anyone he could, it didn't work on me anymore but I agreed anyway.

"Yeah sure." Clyde brought me into an embrace and I shrugged his off almost immediately.

"Why don't you give me hugs in public anymore Craig?" He was joking around again in an attempt to get me to smile.

"Shut up Clyde." And it worked. Ever since we were kids, Clyde always had some sort of way of making me smile in my worst moods. Stupid kid. 

"There's the smile I love!" He threw an arm around my shoulder and I let him this time.

~Tweek~

"I got some extra money from doing some jobs for my neighbor. You wanna come do something? This new amusement park just opened up."

Amusement park. Height, screaming, clowns, mascots... I shook just at the thought.

"Come on, it'll be fun. We can go on the kiddy rides and play at the arcade okay?" The kiddy rides might still be dangerous but the pleading look that Kenny was giving me pulled at my heart. How could I say no? 

"Maybe it won't be too bad... " I spoke while giving him my best convincing smile.

"That face you're making doesn't say the same thing but don't worry! I'll make it fun for you." He slung his arm around my shoulder as we walked to the lunchroom together. I was still getting used to Kenny's space issue, and by that I mean he had no personal space. As we walked in people looked at us and just shrugged away... Most people. One person in particular glared at us as we got into the lunch line. My face became hot when I looked into Craig's striking eyes. I tried to hide the red by moving closer to Kenny, turning my face away from him.

"Aw Tweek! You cold or do you just wanna cuddle?" He pulled me closer, burying my face into his chest while giving me a playful noogie. I giggled as I pushed him away and grabbed my tray. He followed me through the line, talking about his plans for the amusement park. When he would pick me up, how long we'd be there, how we were getting there. I tried to listen to him, I really did, but for some reason it was hard to pay attention with such striking death glares being pointed in my direction.

"I think you have a stalker Tweeky. I've never seen Craig look so pissed... He looks angry all the time but now." Kenny laughed as he walked to a little table in the corner. We had to pass Craig on the way, I looked down at my tray as I walked by. Kenny however, had different plans. He stopped right in front of Craig.

"That's no way to make friends Craig. Glaring just scares them off." I looked up to Craig just in time to see his face soften for a moment. It was then replaced with a stone hard, stoic expression.

"And who'd I be making friends with?" His voice was cold and monotonous. "You, a perverted guy who goes after anyone with a pulse," Kenny winked at the insult thrown at him. Craig, being used to Kenny's nonstop flirting, ignored it. "Or your new twitching, coffee obsessed, play toy?" My eyes automatically widened at what he was saying. Play toy? 

"Watch it Craig, your feelings are showing." Kenny sang the words. Craig's eyes hardened and for a moment I thought I saw a pink blush in his cheeks. It disappeared before I could be sure though.

"Shut the hell up McCormick." Craig stood up but Kenny didn't move. They were face to face, Kenny had a cocky smirk on his face but his eyes were icy. Craig just squared his shoulders in response. I saw his hand tense up in a fist. I knew what would happen next. Kenny didn't back down from a fight, he actually went looking for them half the time. And I've heard the rumors that circled Craig and his inability to stay out of trouble.

"W-wait!" I cried throwing an arm out. I couldn't do much with the plate of food in one hand so I pulled at Kenny's arm with my one. "Don't fight... please?" Kenny looked down to me and back up at Craig.

"I'll take a rain check Tucker." He winked at Craig before looking down at me again. "Alright Tweek," he snaked an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Let's go." 

"How can you stand to be around such an asshole." Craig spat out.  

"What?" I spun around on my heel to face him. Before I could even realize what I was doing, the words were already out. "You're one to talk, asshole," I spat back with menace.  He looked shocked at my outburst. I didn't give him time to respond as I turned back around, grabbing Kenny by the hand and towing him to the table. As I sat down I realized how quiet the lunchroom was. 

They must have been watching the whole thing. 

I couldn't help but glance over to where the confrontation had just happened,  to where Craig had been sitting, his friends were all looking at me, along with the rest of the room. Clyde was staring at me, a bit more confused than the rest. I looked back down at my food, I'd lost my appetite.

"Kenny, I'm not hungry anymore." He'd been stuffing his face with the burger he'd gotten. "Want mine?" He nodded excitedly as he reached across and took the burger from my tray. The normal noise of the room started again and I relaxed a little bit more.