Chapter 11

Zosia

"What do you want to do? It's your last day at home for a while." I'm happy that he didn't overreact about me seeing Todd or the fact that I walked home last night. He considers it for a minute. "Why don't we go to the water park this morning and then we can figure out the rest of the day as we go along." I agree and we put on our suits and go to the park.

Since I don't have a lot of strength in my leg, I can't do a whole lot except sit around and kick my legs a little bit. Dorien dives into the deep end, swims over to me, hangs out a little bit and then goes back to dive in again. I called Carly before we left and she arrives with her brother, Sam in tow. We introduce him to Dorien and he's almost as starstruck as Carly when she first met him. He warms up to him really quickly when Dorien starts to show him how to dive off of the deep end of the pool and playing games with him. Carly and I walk around inside the pool a few times to get some exercise. We rest and then walk around again. "Are you excited about school starting Monday?" I ask. "I am now that I actually found some friends." She answers. "We are going to do a girls day on Sunday before school starts, you should come so you can meet the rest of the gang." I tell her.

"I'll definitely be there. What time is everyone meeting?"

"It'll be around eleven. We are going to do lunch, a little shopping and then figure the rest out as we go along. You'll get to meet Marne and Jenna, the rest of the girls in our group. It'll be a lot of fun. I'll pick you up around ten-thirty." I tell her. "I can't wait." She says.

Sam and Dorien come over and tells us that they are ready to eat and we decide to eat at the concession stand at the pool and then hang out for a little while longer. While we are eating, I call Se, Marne and Jenna to see if they want to meet us and they tell us that they are on their way. I look at Carly, "It looks like you are going to meet the rest of the girls today instead of Sunday." Carly nods. She looks kind of nervous. "What's wrong?" I ask. "What if they don't like me?" She says.

"What is there not to like?" I ask. "You are a very nice, hilarious girl. I feel lucky to have met you." Sam says. "Relax sis, just because they didn't appreciate you at our old school, doesn't mean the people here are just like them. You are an amazing person and anyone of them would be lucky to have you as their friend." Dorien nods in agreement, "Who else knows more about football than I do. I can' wait until some of the guys meet you, they are going to go crazy!"

She sighs. "Thanks guys. You all make me feel so much better."

We finish lunch and get back in the pool. Dorien and Sam play in the water and dive while Carly and I walk around the inside of the pool and kick our legs. Soon, the other girls start to trickle in. Se comes first and hops into the pool on the other side of Carly. "Hey girls." "Hey. Didn't have to work today?" I ask. "I was scheduled off and they tried to call me in, but I decided that I wanted to enjoy the rest of my time off before school starts on Monday."

"I'm glad. Have you heard from Chris?" "Yea. He's doing okay down there, he keeps telling me that he misses me. I miss him, too. How are we going to handle not seeing them every day?" She sighs. "We'll just take it one day and at time and depend on Carly here to keep us laughing." I nudge Carly from one side and Se nudges her other. Carly smiles, "I'll do my best." We talk for a little longer until Marne arrives. Her boyfriend is with her. "Where is Dorien?" He asks. I point over to where Dorien and Sam are diving and swimming in the water and he walks in that direction. Marne gets in the pool and stands in front of all of us. "You must be Carly. Nice to meet you." She holds out her hand and Carly takes it. "We are such a formal group here." I joke.