Miss Invisible

Prologue:

5 months ago...

   The rain cascaded among the streets of Camden, Maine while my windshield wipers were in full motion. Turning out of my neighborhood, I looked over to, my best friend, Sam with a huge grin on my face. “Can you believe it Sam? We are going to our junior prom! I remember we use to dream about this day when we were little girls.” With a smirk on her face, she leaned over and blared the car horn at a group of girls leaning out of a limo’s sunroof.

    “I know Al, it may not be exactly how we imagined it, but it still is going to be awesome. I just thought we would have dates- that’s all.” Smacking her hand away from me, I sighed before turning a corner. “Well, it may not be our childhood fantasy come true but it’s pretty close to it. Sam, you’re my best friend and I couldn’t ever imagine a better prom date.”

     Making a fake gagging sound, she giggled before plugging in my phone to the car’s sound system. “Before we becoming a raging emotional wreck, I suggest you turn on some music. I swear if you get any girlier, I will have to throw myself through the car window.”

   Fake glaring at her; I began to look at my phone’s playlist. Finding the perfect song, I turned up the volume, blasting “Work of Art”, for the entire world to hear. “I swear Sam, if you get glass all over my dashboard,” I said flipping through a stream of texts from my ex-boyfriend Drew, “I will kill you personally.”