Prologue

"Come one, come all, to see the future-tellings of The Mystic Jinxx!!!" The advertiser said. I sighed. "Be prepared, these are no good fortunes, these will tell your demise, the end of something you love dearly... Be amazed, as to how he predicts the darkest futures!!!"

Why do people find their dark futures so entertaining? An old lady walked up, and I, once again, felt bad for her. "What does my future hold?" I closed my eyes, seeing into her future.

"Your cat's going to die next week. Sorry." I said, no tone in my voice.

"What??? Which one???" She asked with worry.

"Mr. Puffles."

"Noo!!! Not Mr. Puffles! He's my babyy!!!" She cried, running off. I sighed again as an emo-ish whatever looking boy came up.

"What's my big bad future?" He asked, menace in his voice.

I wanted to cry at his, but I kept an unreadable expression. I slightly choked on the words, then finally spoke them. "You and your girlfriend are going to have a terrible fight. She's going to drive off in her car, upset and crying... A car's going to crash into her as she drives, sending her off of a bridge, ending her life. I'm sorry." I said emotionlessly.

I hated only telling the bad parts. But that was my job, plus I don't have as much skill with telling the good parts.

Let me introduce myself. I go by Jinxx, and I'm a vampire. No, I'm not those gay sparkly vampires that you see in twilight. We do have powers like that though. I can tell the future. Once I was turned, I was left alone on the streets. I never met my maker, nor do I want to really. I lived alone for about 3 weeks, then these guys took me in. We are the cirque de freak. I know, its the same name as the vampire's assistant. Get over it. I tell people's future, and they pay money, but there's one catch. I can only tell the bad parts. I plan on leaving. As soon as we get to the next town, I'm going to go to school. Did I mention I was only 17? Yeah...

The kid looked at me with wide eyes, then his expression changed. "The bitch deserves it." I was surprised at his anger toward her. "She's been cheating on me for over a month. I was planning on talking to her, confronting her tomorrow. That's why we get in a fight, isn't it?" I nod. He could save her, now he knows how it happens, he could pick another day, or he could avoid confronting her... "Well, I'm not changing the future." He got up and walked off. "Thanks for the telling!" He called over his shoulder.

"Alright, sorry folks, The Mystic Jinxx is closed." I checked the time. 4:30am, the sun would be rising in an hour. I don't have a daylight ring so I have to stay indoors. Yes, the daylight rings, just like vampire diaries, they exist. Is it that hard to believe a witch can do a spell that makes vampires walk in the day? At least we don't fucking sparkle.

My friend Misty's a witch, and she's the only one in cirque de freak that knows about my plan for the next town. She's going to make me a daylight ring the night before I leave, so no one suspects anything.

"So, Jinxx, you excited to go to the next town?" The announcer, Craig, asked.

"Yeah, sure." I said, and got up. I needed blood.

"Hey Jinxx!" Misty called. Just the girl I was looking for!

"Hey misty." I said. She was my bloodsource, and I usually felt bad because she was my friend, but she always convinced me it was fine. We sat down, and she exposed her neck to me.

"Go on... You look thirsty." She coaxed. I was. I leaned forward and bit down, making sure to avoid the artery. I drank until I was fine, and no more. When I had less control, I almost killed Misty, and I still hate myself for it. "Good Jinxxy!" She laughed. "So you ready for the next town?" She winked, and I laughed.

"Yeah. I'll be glad to get out of here. I'm tired of telling people's misery." I looked down, remembering the boy.

"Ooh, that one doesn't sound good at all." Oh yeah, Misty can read minds. She's a witch, but she's also a mindreader.

"I know. You saw his reaction, right? I'm so tired of this life." I said, and she rubbed my back comfortingly.

"You'll be out of it soon enough."

"What about blood? You aren't coming, how am I going to feed? You know I hate using compulsion." I fretted.

"Steal from the blood bank until you meet someone who you can share your secret with." She said.

"I guess." I smiled slightly.

"Alright, lets move out!!!" Craig called, signalling we were all packed up and on our way to the next town.

-----------------------------

"Here you go." Misty said, handing me the ring. I slipped it on.

"Thank you."

"Promise to never forget me?" I nodded, then pulled her into a hug.

I drank a bit of her blood. "Just some for the road. I'll miss that taste." I smiled.

"Here." She handed me three bags of blood. "Its all mine. I took it little by little these past three weeks, knowing you'd probably miss it."

"Thank you." I smiled more, then kissed her cheek, something I only did to her.

"You're welcome. Now go, before Craig has us move to the next town and drags you along!" She hugged me one more time, and I ran off at top vampire speed, to explore my new home.

So, as you see, none of this is realistic, not even his age, so do not hate on stuff I get wrong, because most of it's on purpose! anyway, I hope you enjoy this new thriller! Love you all =)