Arrival

You arrive at Phoenix Drop, your luggage trailing behind you. You have heard about all of the wonderful things that happen here, and the Lord, Levin, whose mother is the legendary Aphmau. To live in their presence is an achievement and an honor, you think. But you have not seen anything about Aphmau yet.
As you follow into Phoenix Drop, you hear that Aphmau and a few of her other companions are currently in Brightport helping fight a war against some "shadow souls". You have never been in a proper village, just a small settlement near the Yggdrasil Forest. Your family didn't want to move out of the settlement, but you did. When you arrive to the homes of the villagers, you see that barely anyone is there. The settlement is small yet beautiful, and the area is quite old-looking and beaten down. You feel watched, and as you turn around, an adorable young girl with blue hair and cats ears and a tail looks up at you. A woman with pink hair dressed in pink follows, with the same cat-like features.
"Who are you? What are you doing here?" The woman asks.
"I am (your name)." You say.
"I am Kawaii~Chan. Nice to meet you." The woman replies.
"And I'm Nekoette~Tan!" The little girl says.
"Is this really Phoenix Drop?" You ask.
"I'm afraid so." Kawaii~Chan says sadly and looks down.