Chapter Two

It's been half an hour, literally only half an hour and already I'm caught up on whether or not I should text Jack. I don't want to come across as needy but he asked me, he wants to talk to me! Jack Gilinsky took the time to write his number on my hand, who the hell am I kidding? Of course I'm going to text him. And before I even have time to change my mind, I'm already typing out my message to him.

To Jack:
hey :-)
From Jack:
took you long enough

I can feel my face breaking into a goofy smile and I honestly can't stop it from happening. One text and I'm already a grinning idiot.

To Jack:
so you were waiting for me?
From Jack:
Missed you as soon as you left baby ;)
We should hang out this weekend, are you free?

I feel my breath catch in my throat when he calls me that name again, I can practically hear his voice sounding it out. But more than anything else, I'm confused. I drive him home once and suddenly he wants to see me? It seems rather odd because to me there's no valid reason as to why someone like him would go out of his way to spend time with me.

From Jack:
it's cool if you're busy btw you don't have to see me it's just Eliza's going out of town and I don't wanna be alone :(

I feel a surge of excitement rush through my body. Alone with Jack. What more could I want? But that rush is washed away when I remember Eliza; nothing can happen with Jack and I, not while he has her. And yeah, maybe I'm a little jealous but at least I get to spend some time with Jack, even if it's not quite in the way that I'd hope for if he were single.

To Jack:I'm free how's tomorrow sound?

From Jack: 

great, be at mine around 12 x

After the conversation dies down, I'm filled with this urge to tell someone. Maybe Sam? Sam's my best friend in the whole world and I tell him pretty much everything but for some reason I feel as though this is something I probably shouldn't tell him about. Sam knows how much I like Jack but also Sam knows Jack and I'm certain that if I tell Sam he'll convince me to stay away to avoid getting hurt. But I know Jack would never hurt me, he's a friend and friends don't hurt each other.