Chapter 16 - Guys Are Like Easter Eggs, They're Hollow

Почніть із самого початку

"Should I have let her hit Amy?" Kyle asked as he walked up from behind me slowly yet comforting as she turned the corner without looking back.

"No, she would've been suspended and it would've been a mess so thank you for stopping her." I told him gratefully with a smile as we began to walk down the hallway together.

"Are you alright?" He asked as I realized their fight was all about me and my being pregnant.

"I'm fine, it's not like it'll be the first person to call me a skank. I mean, she won't be the last either." I said shrugging my shoulders slightly as we turned the corner and there was Connor laughing with Amy over something.

"Well she shouldn't have called you one because you aren't a skank. I mean, she's the one that sleeps with every single guy." He said pointing to the two of them as I strangely became jealous.

"Yeah, you're right." I said as I watched them while we got closer and closer to their conversation with each strode we took.

"Alright, so I guess we should go find Quinn now." He said with a smile as we walked right past them as he didn't even notice me walking by as he laughed with her.

"Yes, I guess we should."

*****

"Wait, so you're mad at me for talking to her?" Connor asked as as we sat on a bench in one of the city parks.

"No, because I understand she's your friend but she called me a skank and told the entire school I'm pregnant and I just wish you would've done something about that." I told him as I sat staring at the green grass while he sighed at me with a hint of anger.

"It's not fair to be mad at me." He said shaking his head as he turned away from me.

"I'm not mad, but you told her I was pregnant and now the whole school knows." I told him trying to stay calm but he was making it quite difficult.

"They were bound to find out anyways Hadley, it's not like your not getting bigger!" He shouted as a few heads turned are way as I just stared at him shocked he'd bring weight into is with hormones and everything.

"Did you just call me fat?" I asked him trying to keep the tears from coming, but there really wasn't anything I could do about them.

"Well no, but-" he began trying to save himself but I think he dug a bigger hole than before.

"Well if that's what you think, maybe you should take Amy to the prom." I said standing up as I began walking away from him.

"Where are you going?" He called as I walked out of the fenced park with him trailing behind me.

"Home." I said as i quickened my pace trying to get away from him do that I had some room to breathe.

"You're walking?" He asked sounding shocked as he made the hole even bigger.

"It's not the first time I'm walking home after going somewhere with you!" I called to him shaking my head as I could no longer hear him walking behind me.

I don't understand why this had to be so complicated. All I wanted was for him to stand up to his friend for me, but for some reason he can't even manage that simple request. To him, its popularity, and it always has been, to him, I'll never be his number one.