Part XIII - Confused Feelings?

"You're really loved by your students, (First name)-san. They manage to get a surprise for you before you transfer."

"Yea, I was really surprised that they put up an effort to prepare everything and do all those things for me." Then you giggle upon remembering their cute faces while their eyes are tearing up. "I will probably treasure their gifts and the memories I have with them. I'll forever keep them in my heart."

"That's sweet, (First name)-san. Those students are lucky to have you even they are a bit difficult to handle."

You let out a soft laugh at it. "Teenagers. Thought they are already old enough to do things on their own when only they're so young and could easily get emotional for some circumstances. They thought everything was so easy but not. All they need is a person who will make them see that."

Your co-teacher just nodded her head in approval, her expression turns soft after hearing those words from you. She was ahead of you when it comes to teaching experience but you prove her wrong. No matter how long you are in your profession when you actually missing the main reason of your field, it's no difference that you are also missing out on the means as a person. You're looking at a different perspective, not only looking at what the eyes can only see. With that, you are able to understand some things that others cannot.

"So, we'll see each other some other time, then?"

"Yea..."

"I'm going to miss you..."

"Me too, Ma'am Sasaki..."

She gives you a kind smile as she embraces you.

"Thanks for guiding me all throughout the year..." you simply say as you hug her back.

"Well, this is goodbye... always take care of yourself okay?"

"I will... thank you for everything..."

"Don't forget to give me a call when you're free."

"I won't, I promise..." you wave at her as you walk out of the faculty room.

"This is it..." you mumble as you walk along the hallway.

You let out a deep breath. "This will be a good start... I hope."

Then, as you finally got out of the school, you take one final look at the place.

You are going to miss everything in this school since the day you moved to this very place. This has been your shelter and your refuge when you were at the lowest times. The students have been your stress reliever every time you remember your heartbreak. They never fail to make you smile, angry when they are at fault for something and sad when they are experiencing loneliness. All those mixed emotions... you're going to miss them.

After a while, you turn on your heels and left the place with a smile.

...Meanwhile...

"I'm Takao's wife."

Midorima was caught by surprise upon hearing it. He cannot comprehend what was happening. He turns his eyes on Takao, who has a frustrated look on his face. "Takao... is that true?" he asked him.

Takao clenches his teeth as he lowers his head, his hands balled into fists. He can't seem to deny it since it's already made known.

Why does she have to be here? - He questioned himself. Then he looks up at her, his eyes piercing to the girl's orbs.

The look startles the girl and Midorima notices it. He's about to say something when Takao suddenly grabs her hand and leaves without even saying a word. He was left alone with full of questions.