Prologue

Before we start, I just want to say that I don't own Harry Potter–rights to Rubeus Hagrid, who wrote the series himself, and I obviously don't own you.

This is written in third person, and I know that bothers some people for some reason, but I just like that more than first or second person. Anywho, happy reading.
~~

"Are you excited, Dear?" (Y/N)'s godmother smiled down at her, her hands cold against her neck as she adjusted (Y/N)'s collar.

The grin on the young girl's face was enough to answer the question. She was ecstatic since she and her god brother received their letters. All she ever wanted to talk about was Hogwarts this and Hogwarts that. Her brother couldn't answer her questions even if he cared to, after all, he was a first year himself. Her godparents found her excitement to be quite tiresome, but they were pleased to know she was eager to get started in her studies.

"I can't believe it's finally time!" She walked with a sprightly bounce in her step. "I get to be a real witch!"

"Remember what we said," Her godfather's steely voice contrasted with her own, and made little (Y/N)'s excitement drain out of her at once. "Stay away from the muggleborns."

(Y/N) wouldn't dare to forget. She did not care about blood status or anything of the sort. She thought muggleborns were just as powerful as purebloods. She never understood what all the fuss was about, but she dared not to make it known. With all of the constant reminders that she was better than everyone else because she was a pureblood and the prejudice her caretakers held, it was permanently etched into her mind that she was not to mingle with anyone but those of her own stature. Or at least, those who were deemed as such. She was too afraid to imagine what punishments she may face if she was seen shaking hands with the wrong person.

"Why would we go near them, anyway?" Her brother asked, hands deep into his pockets. He walked through the station as if it was his own home, looking on with a sneer as other first years just like them scurried by. He always had a certain air of arrogance ingrained in him from his upbringing.

He didn't seem nearly as excited as (Y/N) was. She knew Draco was, in fact, excited, only he decided not to show it. He was much better at hiding things than she was. Lying was never quite her strong suit.

Narcissa was nearly crying, an odd sight for little (Y/N) to see. She was always so cold, only allowing brief tokens of affection to pierce her facade. "Write to me once you get there, all right?"

"Of course, Mother." They answered in unison. To make her feel better, (Y/N) added on hastily: "As soon as I'm on the train I'll write!"

The woman smiled, but there was no reaction from the cold and aloof Lucius. (Y/N) couldn't ever recall a time when she saw him smile. "Behave." He commanded.

(Y/N) and Draco nodded vigorously. He was not the man they would wish to make upset.

Draco bided farewell to his parents and then boarded the train. With a final hug from Narcissa and a nod of finality from Lucius, (Y/N) chased after Draco.

She trailed behind him, reminding herself to take everything in. She would only board the Hogwarts Express for the first time once! Her overwhelming exhilaration prevented her from savoring the moment, however. After all, she had been waiting all her eleven years for that moment, and it had finally arrived.

Draco didn't seem as excited as she was, but it didn't stop her from pointing out things she found fascinating.

Draco didn't mind in the slightest. It had become easy for him to tune her out.

(Y/N) looked inside compartments as they passed by, searching for any familiar faces. The air smelled of sweets and Pumpkin Juice, and in the compartments, she noticed many people chatting fervently. The energy on the train excited her, and she was very eager to create a little family of her own. She thought of the adventures she and Draco would share.