The Job

Vince, Leon, Letty, Dom and Anna were pulling a job after dark, finding several black cars on the side of the road.

"All right, we're one man short," Dom told them. "Letty, Anna, I need you on the left side."

Leon looked at Dom. "Your sister's right about this one. This don't feel good."

"Don't do that," Dom told him.

"Something's wrong," Letty told them.

"Stop," Dom told them. 

"We shouldn't be doing this without Jesse," Anna told them.

"Look, this is the mother lode," Dom told them. "We've been on this for three months. After this, it's a long vacation for everyone. Let's go." Vince, Leon and Anna went to get into their cars. Dom stopped in front of Letty. "Listen, the other night, I had a dream, that you and I were on the beach in Mexico."

"Really?" Letty asked.

"Really," Dom answered, kissing her. "Come on. Let's make this happen." They walked toward their cars. "Leon, keep on those scanners."

"Copy that," Leon told them.

"All right," Anna told them. "Let's go."

They drove off, leaving.

After the sun had rose, a semi-truck drove down an abandoned highway.

The team followed shortly behind.

Anna and Letty's car drove on the left side of the truck.

Letty was driving. Anna had a helmet on.

Dom and Vince's car drove on the right side of the truck.

Dom was driving. Vince had a helmet on.

Leon drove behind of the truck.

Dom spoke to them through the radio. "Okay. Go time."

Anna climbed out of the skylight of the car, aiming a device at the truck, firing it, making a metal claw dig into the truck.

Vince climbed out of the skylight of his car, aiming the same device at the truck, firing it, making the metal claw dig into the truck.

Anna and Vince pulled the claws back hard enough to make the metal dent and the windshield fall off.

 Leon spoke to them through the radios. "We're all good. I got nothing on the scanners."

Vince fired another claw into the cab of the truck, about to jump to the truck and climb inside.

The driver had a shotgun.

Anna saw him. "Vince! Vince, don't! Get back in!" Vince nearly fell off of Dom's car, grabbing hold of the truck to keep from falling to the pavement. The truck driver shot toward Vince. Vince ducked out of the view. "He's got a damn shotgun. Leon, back off!"

Leon backed off.

Dom drove back toward Vince.

The driver shot toward Vince.

Vince barely managed to avoid being shot. "Oh, shit! Get me off this thing! Pull up!"

Anna reached a hand toward Vince. "Unhook yourself." The driver shot toward Anna. Anna ducked against the roof of the car to make him miss, still holding a hand toward Vince. "Do it!"

"I can't get--" Vince started.

"You can do it!" Anna told him. "Come on, Vince!"

"I'm pulling up to distract him," Dom told them, swerving in front of the truck to distract the driver. "Come on, boy. Shot doesn't get better than this."