It has begun

(Draco POV)
My eyes widen and it dawns on me "You!" I forget my wand, I forget magic. I just want to hurt him! I jump up and slam him into the wall.
"You destroyed everything!!!" My fists rain down on his side repeatedly. He just laughs. I shove him through the door and he crashes into the opposite wall
"Leave! Get out of my sight!" And he does. I throw myself onto the bed and scream into the pillow. How can he be so cruel?!

A few weeks pass. The battle of Hogwarts is about to begin.
Bellatrix drags me out by my hair. I let her. I don't care for anything now. It had longer. I don't even have a wand, so how should I please fight?! My father walks in and hands me my old one. I take it slowly, unsure of what he wanted- but I had a pretty good idea. I slip it into my jacket as they all head out. When there was an opportunity I would change sides immediately-if I could.

Hogwarts comes into view and I hide a sob. My childhood...my home. My true home. I wonder about Professor McGonagall and realise she really cared about me even though I wasn't in her house. I look up to the Ravenclaw tower and see white hair. My heart stops. Luna. Luna Lovegood. I would recognize that hair anywhere. I wanted to rush to it. Kiss it and love it and sweep her up in my  arms and just pretend nothing was happening right now. Pretend that all that mattered was her and me.
Yes, I wanted that but I doubt she did. I am too far for her to see me.

There is an invisible shield around Hogwarts that prevents any spells from harming the castle, but the Death Eaters tear it down. Simple and easy for them. I linger in the back of the group. We storm the castle and I see Neville doing an abnormally stupid thing. I watch him for a second. He shouts a spell before bringing the whole bridge before Hogwarts down. He slips. Does he make it? Yes! I sigh in relief.  He runs back to the castle. The battle had begun.