The Infernal Devices & The Mortal Instruments One Shots

Damn Your Eyes- Alex Clare

Medicine- Daughter

Young and Beautiful- Lana Del Rey

No Light, No Light- Florence + The Machine

Only If For A Night- Florence + The Machine

Never Let Me Go- Florence + The Machine

Only You- Ellie Goulding

This is how Jem learned to kiss and no one can convince me otherwise.

“James Carstairs.” Will said with a smile. He closed the book he'd been lost in and set it aside.In a swift movement, he was out of his seat and offering a hug to his friend. Jem melted into his embrace. Will's smile faded. “Jem, what's the matter?” He smoothed down his silvery hair. The other boy just shook his head, burying his face deeper into the crook of Will's neck. He felt so small in Will's arms. So frail and thin.

“I'll be fine.” Jem sniffed and parted from Will. His light eyes shone through the circles around them.

Will sat back down. “Will you?” he asked.

Jem bit his lip. “No.” his voice quivered. With a sigh he sat on the floor, resting his weary head on Will's knee. Will played with his friend's hair until Jem shut his eyes and explained himself. “You see, I'm hopelessly in love with someone whom I feel does not return my affection.”

“And who might that be?”

Jem looked up and Will still had his hand on his head. “No one.”

“Come on, Jem.” the darker haired boy laughed hollowly. “It has to be someone.” Fear washed over him. “Is it Sophie? I know she's found of you-” Jem shook his head. “Can't be Jessie. Or Charlotte. Then it's-”

“Tessa.” Jem murmured her name against Will's knee. Both grew silent for a moment until Will spoke.

“Well, why don't you go after her?” After so many years, he mastered being able to seem happy when in reality his heart was breaking. He continued to play with Jem's hair to calm himself down.

Jem groaned. “I'm-”

“Yes?” Will looked down at him. “You're...?”

Jem stood up. Dumbfounded, Will put his hands in his lap. Jem spun around and said. “I'm... inexperienced.”

Will's eyebrows shot up. “Oh.” he leaned forward. “You've never had a proper kiss?”

Color rushed to Jem's pale face. “No.” he looked at his shoes. “No, I haven't. I'm a walking corpse, William. I wouldn't have.” He figeted with the buttons on his waistcoat, constantly taking deep breathes.

“So you came to me.” Will sat back with his hands behind his head. “To learn how.”

Jem stuttered in protest. “I-”

Will held up a single hand. “No need to try to explain or justfy anything,” With a wink he added, “Darling.” Jem headed for the door. “Come over here.” Will ordered, his voice becoming nearly terrifying.

Jem spun on his heel to face him. “What?”

Will picked his book back up and opened to the page he had been on. “Now, pretend I'm Tessa.” In the back of his mind, Will screamed that Tessa was his and he was hers. “Approach me, make conversation. Woo me. Make me want to kiss you.”

Jem flushed an even deeper red. “Fine.” He regained his composure, straightening his posture with his chin up. He approached Will like he asked. “What are you reading?” He smiled as wide as he could.

“Leave me alone, I'm reading.” Will flicked the page.

“Now, Tessa wouldn't be so rude.”

Will shrugged. “You don't know how women act at certain time of the month-”

“Will.” snapped Jem.

“Sorry, darling.” Will scoffed. “Let's begin again.”

Jem cleared his throat. “What are you reading?”

“Great Expectations.” Will answered, eyes still on the book.

Jem took a step closer. “And how do you like it?

Will nodded. “It's very good. You ought to read it.”

“Perhaps I will.” Jem smiled. “When you're finished of course.”

“Actually it's my third time reading it.” Jem shiffled his feet. This conversation was going nowhere. Perhaps he could act wild like Will? Jem pulled the book down to see Will's face. “May I help you?” As his heart thudded, Jem took Will's face in his hands to brought it to his. A small kiss, a brief brush of the lips was all it was.

“Sorry.”

Will blinked. “No, that was good. Granted, not my first time kissing a bloke but that's a story you'd have to get a few drinks in me to tell.” he sighed. “But don't apologize.”

“What should I say?”

“Something clever.”

“Such as?” Jem inquired.

Will shrugged. “You will figure something out, I'm certain.”Jem realized his hands were still cupping Will's face and jerked back. “You'll have to try it again anyway. That wasn't much of a kiss.” Will critized.

Jem leaned over the dark haired boy and closed his eyes. “Would you guide me then?”

Will caressed one side of his face. His jawline was so sharp under his touch. In a flutter, his eyes shut and he moved in to plant a soft kiss. With a tilt of his head, he increased the passion. Jem's hands twisted in Will's shirt as he tried to pull him closer. Will wrapped his arms around his friend, pulling him onto his lap. The book fell to the floor with a loud clatter. But the boy didn't notice. They were too absorbed in the kiss. Their lips parted and moved against each other. Jem was startled when Will slipped his tongue inside his mouth. He tried to move away but Will held him too tightly. Jem whimpered but continued to let Will explore his mouth. He tried to mimic his movements. Will's lips left Jem's mouth and went to his neck. Jem shut his eyes with his fingers knitted in the other boy's hair. A small moan passed through his lips. Will left a few lovebites that could luckily be covered by his collar. Jem pushed Will off and tried to do the same to him. His lips pressed against Will's adam's apple. Then he moved to the side of his neck to try and leave his own love bites. Will moaned under his touch without shame. Jem pulled away to look at his friend. His breath hitched.

“So we were talking about books.”

Will sighed. “Now that's clever.”