1.

Flashes* 8 individuals dressed in dark red robes surround me. I am in the middle of a circle, candles lit all around, and no matter how much I want to move, my body refuses. They chant, high and mighty, almost like a cult... I'm not sure what happens next, but I feel the battle between warm and cold wanting to take over before I give in and everything goes dark.

My eyes snap open and I'm brought back to the familiar bedroom of mine. It takes me a few seconds until I realize that there is an alarm loudly screeching on my nightstand. Reaching over, I press the stop button, and the room goes silent again. I lay there, and contemplate on the dream I just had.

Scratch that -the very vivid dream- I just had. And it seems like for the past month, leading up to my birthday, I've been dreaming inexplicable things. A few days ago, it was me setting my house on fire... with my bare hands. Last week, Kaz was in it. Except, it was hard for me to depict if she was the villain in my dream or not.

Sighing, I turn over and am met with the beaming strands of sunlight creeping through my bedroom window. I pull my arms out from under the thick duvet and stretch, yawning, just to wake myself up a little. I sit up, throw my legs off the side of the bed, before hopping off and walking over to my dresser's mirror. I stare at my tiring reflection, messy red hair, and oily skin. ''Mhmm, happy 16th Celeste Rossy.'' I wish myself.

I drag myself to the bathroom, do a quick usual routine -pee, brush my teeth, brush my hair- throw on my robe, and walk up to my bedroom door. I should have opened it sooner, because the smell of bacon and eggs, smacked me face first, and my stomach took little, to no time in responding back with a hungry growl. Before I even reach the kitchen, I could already hear the sweet musical sounds of clinging pots, banging pans, and scrapping utensils against one another.

Low and behold, my mother -Athena Rossy,- who could cook her heart out, but knew not how to do it quietly. My father -Julius Rossy- sat at the dining room table, right next to the kitchen's entrance, with this week's newspaper plaster to his face.

''Good Morning!'' I say loud enough for everyone to hear, and hopefully give their attention.

''Ah! Here's the birthday girl!'' My mother's familiar, yet exciting screech erupted from the kitchen.

''Never mind mom. I shouldn't have talked.'' I joke as I take a seat at the kitchen island.

''Here you go.'' She places the plate in front of me. I look down at my meal and apart from the eggs, there is whip cream all over it, and a little strawberry-drawn face on top. I grab ahold of the fork and look at the food. ''Cute right!''

''I'm 16 mom, not 6. But yeah, cute.'' I shake my head, and without complaining, I dig in.

''It's about damn time!'' Dad shouts from the table. We both turn to look at him, and not for a few seconds until he realizes. ''What?'' He asks in oblivion, as he stares at us. ''Oh!'' His eyes go wide. ''Happy birthday sweetheart.'' He stands up and walks over to hug me. ''The sports section was really interesting.''

''Any plans for today?'' My mom asks as she stares at my dad, both of them anticipating an answer.

''Um... yea..'' I look at the two of them, confused as to why they're looking at each other. ''W-why are you guys looking at each other like that.'' I interrupt.

''Oh, no reason. Your father and I just have a surprise for you.'' My mom smiles.

''Great, I'll change in a few.'' I shrug, before attempting to finish my plate.

*

''What am I even going to wear?'' I sigh, staring blankly at my closet. My towel is wrapped tightly around my half-naked body, and my red curly hair is in a messy bun.