F.S 8

Chris's POV 

For once in a long time, I wasn't in the mood for math. Solving mathematical problems just didn't appeal to me. I had my own problems to solve. I had my own questions I needed answers to. Foremost, what had just happened? 

For some time I had thought Jake was really angry I had ended Tyler's call. I still had no idea what gave me the courage to do that. I thought he'd see it as a joke with the way we'd broken the ice. When he had his hand around my waist, I seriously thought he was going to do damage to my already weak body. Nothing could have prepared me for what came next. 

When his hand trailed up and down my arm, my immediate reaction was to freeze. I hadn't expected something like that. When he pulled me to him, I felt something I had never felt before. I could feel warm sensations where our bodies touched. His hand on my abdomen slowly but surely melted my frozen state. When I looked into his eyes, I knew with every second that passed, I was getting lost. It sort of was scary experiencing such things for the first time, especially with someone like Jake. 

I knew the moment his lips touched mine that that moment would be forever remembered. It was after all, my first kiss His lips were soft on mine, his kiss was gentle. He kissed with intention, with skill. I surprised myself when I kissed him back. 

What I felt was good and I knew I wanted to feel like that most of the time. When Gabe appeared at the door and broke the spell, I was disappointed. I was more disappointed when Jake said it was a mistake. But of course, it was a mistake. Who would kiss Chris Hart and not deem it a mistake? Once again, I wasn't good enough. 

I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing. Jake noticed or he had his own agenda when he said, "I think it's time we called it quits. I'm exhausted". 

I was relieved, I had been about to suggest that. I wasn't exhausted, but my mind was all over the place. 

"I'll show you to your room", Jake said. 

I grabbed my schoolbag and he lead the way down the hallway, about 4 doors down. The room was spacious, definitely bigger than mine. A four poster bed lay in the middle. He switched on the light, brought out a pillow from the closet and handed it to me. 

"Do you need a blanket?" he asked. His voice was somehow cold and he was standing far away from me.  

I was being silly. His voice had always been like that. 

"No. Thanks", I said. 

"Good night then. I'm four doors up, so if you need anything, knock. If I don't open, accept that I'm sleeping and leave me alone". 

"Okay", I said half-smiling. 

He went out of the room and closed the door. I took off my t-shirt. The door opened swiftly. I turned and Jake was standing there. His eyes were on my naked torso. 

"Sorry. Just wanted to tell you that the toilet is down the hallway, third door on the right", he said, removing his eyes from me. "Oh, and I forgot my phone in here". 

I hadn't noticed his phone on the bedside. He'd put it there when he'd taken the pillow from the closet. He walked past me and took his phone which was near the bedside lamp. He walked past me again, but not entirely. He stopped inches from me. I froze as was natural. I had no idea why he had stopped and he wasn't sharing that information with me. But I knew what it did to me having him stand so close. My body was trembling for his touch, craving for the kiss he'd given me what seemed like ages ago.  

I tried to talk, to break the silence spell, but my voice was hoarse, and barely audible. Jake raised his hand to my face, massaging with the back of his hand. I knew what I desperately wanted, but he didn't. I wanted to tell him what I wanted, but my larynx was suddenly not working. I showed him, holding my breath for a fleeting second.