Chapter 9-Overconfident

Evelyn's POV

I woke up with the feeling of coldness poking my back.

Awww...My whole body was aching.I patted my hands everywhere to find a blanket but all I could feel was something very hard, rough and cold.

Did I sleep on a rock?

I slowly opened my eyes,finding myself lying on a cold floor near the door. I shot up from the floor feeling woozy. My body ached so bad as if a car had been driven over me.I looked around and noted the room was familiar. It was my room in Adam's penthouse,Of course.

Wait... Adam.

Yesterday...I recalled everything about yesterday, groceries-Nathan-dinner...Dinner?Holy friggin' crap, I didn't cook dinner.

That arrogant pervert will kill me for sure. I was so occupied by my thoughts that I didn't even cook him a dinner and slept on this fûcking floor.I ran towards the bathroom.I saw a zombie look alike girl in the mirror.Eyes were puffy red,hair was like bird nest and a little patch of drool on the chin. I quickly brushed my teeth,straightened the hair with my hand and dashed towards the door.

"Don't panic,silly." I chastised myself,trying to calm my rapid heartbeats. The very first day as a maid I didn't cook him dinner.

Great,Evelyn.

What should I tell him? Adam, I'm sorry I didn't cook because I remembered my ex boyfriend? Or
Adam, I'm afraid that I'm attracted to your face that made me question myself,that's why I didn't cook?

Stupid reason,silly girl.

I groaned,wishing the last night never happened at all.I wormed my way to the living room,peeking from the wall.There was no sign of Adam in the living room.Pheww,coast is clear.He must be sleeping.Great,now I will cook something delicious to make up for the day before. I tiptoed my way to the kitchen.I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted someone in the kitchen. God, it shouldn't be Adam,it shouldn't be Adam.His mahogany color hair was attractively spiked in different directions,may be he had just woken up.His shirtless back was facing me.
Why?
Adam...

I started panicking again.I swallowed a lump stuck  on  my throat.Immediately,he turned around as if he felt my presence in the kitchen.I stood still,feeling nervous and equally scared,like a prey of a dangerous beast. He was shirtless,well defined abs,contoured chest.He looked as if he had come straight out of a magazine.

He was gaping at me,his widened as he took in my appearance.His eyes swept from my head to down to my toes and again back to my face. His green emerald eyes depicted concern,may be he was still curious about the day before.Suddenly those lips were pulled into a curve and he presented me a sly smile. He is smiling at me?
Wait,he is not angry ? I was slightly shocked when I didn't get a scowl in return.

"Good morning,Sunshine." He said with a smug plastered on his face.I stood there like a deer caught in headlights, still scared.

He is smiling now, what if he berates me later on like Dave used to do.What if he fires me?What if he...
"Hey." His voice pierced my eardrums."Its second time noticing you zoning out,why do you always keep zoning out when I am talking to you?"