Chapter 17

Head pounding, chest aching, feet blistered. Rubbing my eyes, I woke up in a grim room, I sat up and heard voices coming from the otherside of the door. I started to panic as I remembered that everyone in the house were vampires and at any minute could eat me in one bite. The voices suddenly stopped. I froze looking at the door. It started to open slowly, this was my chance to make a move to hide. I looked around quick, there was only a big old wardrobe next to the door. Pushing myself off the bed, across the room and into the wardrobe within 5 seconds must of been a new world record or something. I closed the door quietly and at the same time heard foot steps coming into the room. All I could hear was the thumping of my heart in my ears. I moved further back behind the clothes, of course making sure I didn't make any noise so the monsters didn't devour me. My body hit the back of the wardrobe, I then heard footsteps coming towards the door. My heart start to beat faster and faster, I pushed myself back into the wardrobe hoping it would absorb me. Well it did anything but that. At that moment when the persons hand crashed down onto the door handle and started to turn the handle, I was slowly moving through the air as the back of the wardrobe had fallen through and landed with a crash in a dark tunnel. When I had finally landed on the rough floor I had noticed bits of lights coming through the clothes and started to make a run for it down the tunnel, always looking back of course.

Every few steps I stubbled over something, after running for 20 minutes I could see a glimpse of light. I slowed down to a walk and reached out for the little bit of hope I had of getting away from those monsters. What was in front of me felt like a door, I pulled it open and got blinded by the bright light on the other side, I quickly shaded my eyes with my hands and stepped into the white light. After 5 seconds my eyes adjusted to everything in the room, the door closed behind me and I heard a voice in front of me but couldn't see the person. Not yet anyway.

"Alex, please don't run from me. I would hate it if you ran from me so please just don't run."

I looked around the room, the door was on the otherside. If what was said in stories were true, about vampires being faster than any human can understand then I wouldn't make it to that door. I followed the sound of the voice this time, it seemed to be coming from near the marble fire place, I looked it that direction. A old oak chair stood in my view of seeing the person, I moved around the room to only see the persons back. I noticed his reflection in the mirror, he was wearing a white mask, his black fringe covered half of the mask. I recongised the mask from somewhere, I then noticed a sword leaning on the side of the fire place, I walked my way round to it while trying to distract the person in front of me.

"So the whole vampire's have no reflection thing is a lie then?"

"You're really bad at distracting people, at least try and work out who I am first."

He turned and faced me, he was holding a half eaten apple. At that moment seeing him, a fragment of my memory came back, it wasn't much but it was something. There was a man with black hair, he was leaning on the door frame with an apple in his hand, he took a bite out of it and handed it to me. That was the end of the memory. I walked up to him, reached out my hand and gently pulled off mask, he flinched a little.

"You don't need to wear it in front of me, Rick."

He held on to my hand, keeping it on his cheek. He looked deep into my eyes, he looked calm but dangerous at the same time. I was scared. Rick suddenly pushed my hand away and looked at the door then back at me.

"You have to hide, they're looking for you."

He looked scared, his eyes darted about the place and he was shaking. I nodded, he bent down and moved the rug then pulled up abit of the floor. He took my hand and helped me down the steps.

"I'll come get you when they're gone and then I'll take you back."

He closed the hatch, no light came into the little space that I was sat in. 5 minutes later I heard footsteps coming into the room, I tried to stay quiet on the hard uncomfortable floor I was sat on, I then heard voices. I couldn't figure out the other two voices in the room, they started to move closer to the hatch, my heart started to race.

"Where is she Rick?"

"I don't know what your on about, I don't where she is. Why are you so desprate to find her anyway?"

"Because it would be better if she just forgot all about us or just dissapeared all together."

"Your trying to kill her again aren't you, Lewis? I won't let you anywhere near her and I mean that! Now leave before something bad happens to you."

I heard footsteps moving away from the hatch then a door closing, I heard Rick sighing. The hatch door finally opened. I looked up at the bright light, when my eyes adjust to the light I saw the black haired boy reaching down to help me up. He was smiling so gently like an angel that can't be trusted.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry this chapter took so long to be uploaded, hope you like it. The next one will also be awhile.