1. Among high school students, 44% of girls and 15% of guys are attempting to lose weight.
2. Over 70% of girls age 15 to 17 avoid normal daily activities, such as attending school, when they feel bad about their looks.
3. More than 40% of boys in middle school and high school regularly exercise with the goal of increasing muscle mass.
4. 75% of girls with low self-esteem reported engaging in negative activities like cutting, bullying, smoking, drinking, or disordered eating.
5. 25% of girls have high self-esteem
6. About 20% of teens will experience depression before they reach adulthood.
7. Teen girls that have a negative view of themselves are 4 times more likely to take part in activities with boys that they've ended up regretting later.
8. The top wish among all teen girls is for their parents to communicate better with them.
9. 38% of boys in middle school and high school reported using protein supplements.
10. 7 in 10 girls believe that they are not good enough.
YOU ARE READING
1000 Interesting FactsRandom
Did you know that dogs don't enjoy being hugged? Did you know that an octopus has 3 hearts? Facts, facts and more facts! This book is filled with facts - 1000 of them! Read and learn! Annoy your friends and family with many "Did you knows". Facts...