I'm a Starving Artist and She's a Picasso Painting Part 1

Woo! Midnight chapter update! A lot is going to happen in this one, part 1 AND 2, so I decided I'd make a lil mini summary for all of you who can't remember past chapters (me included sometimes): If you don't care or already remember, SCROLL PAST THIS STUFF! It's long.

*soap opera music* In the last few times of MRSR chapter updates...

In "The Wrath of Millie Addison" Hailey and Millie went shopping, bringing Ally along. Millie told Hailey that she met a new guy, and that he may be a few years older. Hailey isn't too optimistic about it, worried what this persons intentions may be, and doesn't want Millie to get hurt. So, Millie mentions the idea of a double date. Hailey doesn't outright deny the idea, but doesn't agree to it either.

In "Houses and Homes" Hailey and Millie stop by Hailey's house so that she can collect her wallet and go shopping with Millie and Ally. She is nervous because she thinks her mom might be there, but of course, she isn't, and Hailey can slip inside and get what she needs without any problems. Although, being back at the house takes an emotional toll, as well as a kind of acceptance. She remembers a lot about how it was like right after her dad left, and how overtime, Millie helped her piece her life back together. And she also realizes that maybe, her happiness shouldn't be affected by her mom. She finds her home in Drew now, after all. Once they have left behind the house, Millie, Ally, and Hailey go downtown and dress shop. Hailey buys a yellow dress, and Ally makes a comment about the movie Beauty and the Beast; which resonates as a sort of reference.

In "The Accidental Arsonist" Hailey returns back to Drew's house and finds him on the roof watching the sunset. They sit together and he comforts her after he guesses that she went and visited her house. There's a cute moment or two. But that night, Drew has a nightmare about the fire again. And this time, instead of finding Ally amongst the fire, he finds Hailey. This triggers a panic attack when he awakes, and he runs into the bathroom, only to get there too late and throw up all over the floor.

In "Black Coffee" it's the morning, and Drew is still suffering from the effects of his late night panic attack. Shaky, jumpy, and confused, he is in the kitchen right before the sun rises, reflecting on what happened and how he is feeling. Overall, he thinks he's broken- weakened and falling apart. He recalls what took place after he threw up everywhere: Ally finding him, them talking to one another, her telling him that it is okay to be scared. He makes her promise not to tell anyone, and feels bad because he knows he should be the one that is strong for her instead of the other way around. His thoughts are interrupted by Hailey who is now in the kitchen. He tries to make breakfast for her and Ally, but makes a mess, and the chapter ends with Hailey asking Drew a question.

Extra things to remember: In the chapter "If Only I Had Paid Attention", Drew mentions that Ally's birthday is coming up. In the story, it will take place sometime in the next few chapters. Also, in multiple chapters throughout the book, Hailey talks about her dad's past job as a chef, which is why Hailey knows a lot about cooking.

Okay! Summary over! Now here's what you really wanted. (P.S. The first person to point out my Gatsby reference gets this chapter dedicated to them).

Chapter 37: I'm a Starving Artist and She's a Picasso Painting Part 1

___

hours later (still in Drew's point of view)

I am standing in the doorway of my bedroom that night, leaning gently against the frame, looking at her with soft eyes and a warm heart when I whisper, "I can't believe you're making me do this."