Pilot

Vanessa was standing,watching Miracle walking down the aisle. Vanessa was wearing a light blue maid of honor dress, holding a ring while watching her best friend, Miracle, in front of Luke, her ex-boyfriend. Vanessa still loved him but he broke up with Vanessa just to be with Miracle. His family didn't like Vanessa that much. During their relationship, they treated her like a stranger. Vanessa understood why Luke broke up with her but didn't understand why his family liked Miracle more. Vanessa sighed quietly and pretended to smile.

When the vows were done, Vanessa handed the ring to Miracle and her childhood friend, Oscar, handed the ring to Luke. When they exchanged rings, the priest ended the ceremony with "you may kiss the bride". They kissed and everyone cheered. Smiling brightly and savoring their special moment. Vanessa could feel her heart being ripped apart and her stomach tied into a knot. Luke picked up Miracle and walked through the aisle. Everyone was smiling and happy for them but Vanessa was left with a heart that could never be fixed.

--Vanessa POV-- 

*How I pictured the banquet hall*

The banquet hall was very beautiful. Everyone was overwhelmed by the decorations and the chandelier lights. When everyone picked their seats, I quickly sat with Oscar, which was the furthest away from the main floor. I didn't want to see them slow dance or even watch. The DJ who was in charge of the music started playing my favorite song, Kiss Me Slowly by Parachute. I started remembering Luke and each memory that we shared together. I start mumbling each word from the song and my eyes started tearing up. As I mumbled the words, I was trapped in my little sad world.

"Vanessa...are you okay?" Oscar asks while I snapped back to reality.

"Yeah, yeah!" I responded as I quickly wipe away my tears. Oscar didn't fall for it and I knew that. As the food was being handed out by servers, I slid the food away from me as the server left.

"Really...I'm fine..." 

"Vanessa...you didn't have to come..." Oscar murmured.

"Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you the newly weds!" A friend of Luke announces.

"I know it's hard and you shouldn't put yourself in this position. Come with me Vanessa..."

Everyone stood up and clapped as Luke and Miracle walk in with smiling faces. I couldn't help but froze and imagined myself with Luke. I imagined a future with him, together in a little house with children and a puppy. Oscar tapped on my shoulder and I stared at him. He grabbed my hand and both of us slowly walked away from the banquet hall. We walked passed the reception and towards the elevator, I started sniffing.

"I'll be okay...I promise...." 

"No it won't...I imagined so many things for us...."

Oscar stays quiet and the elevator door opens. A man comes out of the elevator but stops. Vanessa doesn't recognize him but Oscar does.