Chapter 10

I closed my eyes in concentration, letting my senses take control. I listened around me, trying to make out any sign of animal life. Suddenly I could smell a hint of something juicy, in the east.

My eyes flashed open, and I darted towards what I sensed to be an elk. I sped through the forest, and leaped over a fallen stump, then came behind the animal.

My throat burned as I took in the scent of the creature. Not able to wait much longer, I sprung towards it, ripping it's neck with my teeth. The blood was warm and soothing as I drank, satisfying my flaring thirst. The elk soon ran dry, and I shoved it's large body away.

Now I felt better. I looked around, searching for the rest of the hunting group. My mother was leaning against a tree nearby, seeming to be done. My aunt Rose and uncle Jasper were sitting down in the grass, talking. And my grandpa Carlisle was also finishing, placing down the lion he had attacked.

"Ready to go?" My mother called.

"Yeah, let's head out." Jasper said.

We all started running in the same direction, towards my grandpa's big house.

"So," I started, mid-sprint. "When are you guys going down to Mexico again?"

"This weekend!" My aunt Rose cried.

"In 2 days." My grandpa informed.

I nodded, smiling. I was getting excited to have a new person come into the family. It would definitely be something different.

We soon arrived at my grandparents' place. I was born here, and I had spent most of my childhood in this house. It was very large and beautiful, made almost all of glass. I could see my grandpa Esme walking up to one of the huge windows upstairs, looking down at us.

I waved up at her and she smiled back. I continued into the house, as my family stayed behind and talked outside.

I found my grandmother. "Hey Esme."

"Oh, hello darling. How was your hunting trip?" She asked in her soft, loving voice.

"Good. It's been a while."

"Yes, I've been getting worried about you. I went yesterday morning," she smiled. "Do you have time to talk?"

I loved talking with my grandma. She always had the greatest advice to give, and I felt like we could discuss anything. And she always seemed to care about everything and everyone.

"Of course, grandma," I beamed. We both sat down and faced eachother on their comfortable couch, in the huge living room.

"So..." she started. "How is it going with you and Jacob?"

I blushed. I had a feeling she was going to bring this up. "Er- yea, it's going good..."

She chuckled. My grandma notices when I feel uncomfortable. "That's good. I don't mean to make you embarassed. I'm just glad you're happy." She said, standing up. I stood up and hugged her.

"Thanks grand-"

"Renesmee!" My aunt Rose yelped. "It's present time!!"

I turned around, and she was bounding into the room. She had a small pink box in her hand, holding it out to me. I reached out and grabbed it from her.

"Oh, right. The special treat," I sighed. "Thanks auntie, you shouldn't have."

She smiled, looking pointedly at the gift.

I opened the sparkly lid softly, revealing what was inside the box. It was another pink flower-shaped object with some sort of liquid inside.

"Oh... what is it?" I asked interestedly.

My aunt scooted closer, leaning in to look at it. She lifted it out of the box, showing me completely.

"It's perfume," she smiled. "From Mexico!"

She rotated it around, showing me the label on the front. Vera Wan was in large, elegant black print.

"It's very popular. I thought you'd like it. It smells like Amaryllis and Calla Lily!"

I beamed, "thanks Rosalie!"

"I helped her pick it out!" My uncle Emmett called as he came bounding down the stairs. "I chose the pink!"

My mother was shuffling through the door just as my uncle arrived.

"Isn't it wonderful Nessie?" She smiled. "Now you have something for your next date!" She nudged me.

I blushed as my uncle E's eyes bulged.

"Oh right, you're with Jacob now!" He winked. "Having fun with that?"

My face heated even more. Before I could get more embarassed, I quickly rushed out of the room, thanking my Aunt again.

I got out onto the front lawn, making a running start towards my house.

In a small amount of time, I was jogging up to my cottage. And there was Jacob, standing on our driveway with a huge grin on his face.

It didn't take me long to realize why he was here.

He was tossing a big, battered baseball back and forth, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Let's go." He beamed.