Chapter Ten

EDITED... for once XD

---(This line is called Shaniqua... named by muffinpoo_ )---

Doctors and nurses flooded into the hospital room - straight to Alpha Theo's side. "Quickly!" Doctor Lizzy urged. The doctors started checking monitors and fluids.

"Is he going to die?" Vicky interrupted the hectic group of medical professionals.

"Sorry, ma'am, but we're going to have to ask you to leave." A Doctor with a greying beard asked Vicky.

"No! He is my mate and I should be here with him through it all!" Vicky argues back.

"I'm sorry, but, you rejected him, embarrassed him. You hold no status and no right to be here." A bigger doctor snapped and 'escorted' her from the room.

"No! You'll regret this. You'll see... when I'm luna." Vicky struggled against his hold as he took her out of the room.

"Lizzy! What's happened?" Doctor Finn - head of department - asked as he briskly walked towards Doctor Elizabeth.

"I'm not sure. I walked in and topped up his fluids and then suddenly his vitals started dropping." Lizzy rushed out while she checked over Theo's medical history. "He hasn't suffered anything so significant in the past."

"Mmm... I think there is a high chance of him going into Cardiac Arrest. The poison must have travelled to his heart quicker than we estimated it would." Doctor Finn stated, looking deeply worried, "Sue, get the defibrillator! Quickly!"

"Yes, Sir!" A small voice shouted over the voices of the other doctors and nurses. Sue came back in a short amount of time, with the best defibrillator in the hospital.

The room fell silent as the long and continuous beep sounded from Theo's monitor.

"He's going into cardiac arrest! You all know the drill! We need to get his heart going again!" Doctor Lizzy shouted and a mass of nurses ran to her aid as she prepared the defibrillator. "Everyone stand back," everyone in the room instantly retreated away and watched intensely as Lizzy dragged the covers off Theo's chest and charged the pads, "Clear!"

The whole room held a breath as Lizzy slammed the pads down against Theo's chest. His body jerked and the monitor beeped. Once.

Lizzy charged the pads once again and pressed them against his chest once more. However, nothing happened. The beep was still continuous. "We're losing him!" She charged the pads up again, angry tears starting to form in her eyes.  "Come on Alpha! You can't leave us, your pack!" Charge, clear, continuous beep. "Please Alpha! We need you!" Charge, clear, continuous beep.

"Everyone, excluding Lizzy, leave the room. We need to give the Alpha some space." Doctor Finn ordered and the room evacuated from the room, still on edge. Left, is Finn and Lizzy.

"Alpha! If not for us, do it for Candy!"

Charge...

"She blames herself for what happens! She probably thinks you're dead right now!"

Clear...

"She left the pack, she could be in danger!"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Theo's eyes snapped open.

~

Candy slowly cracked her eyes open - to be met with the world upside down. She was being dragged by the rogue - through the dirt. Echo! Echo can you hear me?! Candy tried to connect with her wolf, but she couldn't. She also tried the pack link, but she found no success. Alpha Theodore!? Beta Luke? Anyone!?