i

"Fuck" I grunted at the homework lying in front of me. "I can't do this" I closed my textbook and threw it across my living room. I let out another grunt and proceeded to my closet. "I have to get out." I continued to talk to myself, trying to find what I was looking for.

I finally found my leather jacket and Dr. Marten's lying on my closet floor. I put on the jacket and shoes, then grabbed my phone and cigarettes and left my apartment.

As I left the apartment complex I felt the coldness and dirtiness of New York City hit me in the face. I grunted once again as I turned a corner. I had my cigarette in my mouth but I couldn't find my lighter. Then I hit someone, allowing the cigarette to fall on the ground.

"God damn it." I spatted.

I picked my cigarette up from off the ground then looked at the person I ran into.

"I'm sorry baby girl, wanna light?"  The man looked at me with a lighter in his hand along with a grin on his mouth.

I didn't know what to say, the man in front of me had short brown hair that quickly flared into blonde. The grin was still resting on his mouth, along with a cigarette. I then looked into his eyes and saw thousands of secretes hidden behind the beautiful brown shade of his eyes.

I nodded quickly, putting the cigarette back in my mouth. The grin stayed on his lips as he inched forward with the lighter, it quickly catching a spark of fire and carrying it over to the object in my mouth.

I let the cigarette sit in my mouth for a few seconds before taking it out of my mouth and letting the smoke fall out of my mouth, along with all of the cares I had.

I let out a sigh of relief and put the killer back in my mouth.

"Tough day?" The man asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, school is horrible." I commented once I took the cigarette out of my mouth.

The man nodded in agreement. "That's why I got out as soon as I could."

We both laughed for a second before a silence came over.

"Where are you headed?" He asks me with his hand running through his hair. "Uh, I don't really know. Wherever I guess." The man smiled then scratched his neck.

"Mind if I join?"

"No, but I don't know what we are going to do." I answered then pulled out my cigarette, puffing out a cloud of smoke and watching it hit the cold air and disappear.

"Those are always the best adventures." He said pulling the cigarette out of his mouth, then takes a long drag.

"I'd have to agree with you on that." I commented smiling to myself.

The man and I continued to walk down the street taking our cigarette out of our mouths every once in a while.

"I'm Jesse by the way." The man said making eye contact with me.

"I'm Desiree." I answered keeping the eye contact.

Jesse quickly looked down then back up to me. "Such a pretty name for such a pretty face."

------------------------------------------------
FIRST CHAPTER YAY!!
I hope you all enjoyed it. Remember to vote and comment. Tell me what you think about the story so far. Next chapter will be up when there are 2 votes and 2 comments. Have a great day!! Feel free to message me as well I'm always open ((((: