It's Stuck On A Cold December

A/N: I'm also part Ed Sheeran trash (the title is from Lego House). Anyway, I'll try to be descriptive and accurate on snow on this one since I never touched, smelled, or even tasted what snow is. #lifeasasoutheastasian And yes, new cover because I wanted to make the cover unique by making it handwritten.

•••

• Your POV •

I stared at the December snow outside, glittering like flashlights in the midst of the dark. The solstice has started, and it's better than ever. At times like these, my boyfriend, Patrick, usually goes downstairs to check on me and invite me to play with him in the snow outside, but today seemed a little different. He hasn't come outside of our shared bedroom since this morning and has been avoiding me, which is worrying me.

My concern brought me to go upstairs and knock at our door. No one answered. I looked under the mat for the spare key and used it to open the door.

There he was; lying on the corner with his hair messed up, red cardigan sleeves wet and face wet. I assumed that he just washed his face, but why the hell would a person that washed his face cry in a corner? Troubled by my thoughts, I walked to him and checked on him.

He was crying. His beautiful face looked up at me and forced a smile. "Hello, mi amor. What are you doing h-here?"

"No. Tell me. What are YOU doing here, crying? What's wrong?" I asked him. He shook his head and hugged me.

"Just always know that my three words have two meanings, and there's one thing on my mind; it's all for you." He kissed me with passion as if he was going to die the next day.

"Patrick, what's wrong?" I took his hand and stood him up, sitting him on the bed with me on his side. "You need to tell me."

He sighed. "I don't feel worthy of you. Look at you, with beautiful (H/C) hair and those (E/C) eyes I could stare into forever... wait, that sounded creepy. But you get the point. Seriously though, you're just too good to be true. And I, a dorkish guy, doesn't deserve a girl like you. "

I chuckled at his remark. "Why would you think of that? You're worthy of probably anything-you're kind, handsome, generous, and may I say HOT?"

"Thank you, (Y/N). I love you. Just don't leave me, okay?" He put out his pinky for a pink promise, and I did as what he wanted. He smiled at me and kissed me yet again, but with more passion.

As soon as our lips touched, the power went out and thunder came from the sky. I shook nervously and Patrick held me in his arms lovingly and was never letting go.

All because of the December snow.