4

Picture above: Michael's bruise on his face.

song: I hate u I love u by Gnash

It's been 2 weeks since Ashton and I have spoke. 2 weeks since I've seen Michael. 2 weeks since I've slept.

I decided to get out of the house for a little bit, since I haven't had a reason to leave the house. I'm going to the mall to get a few things.

I got in the car and started driving. "Don't ever fucking come near him." Ran through my mind. Over and over. I couldn't make it stop.

When I arrived at the mall I went in and started walking around. I went into a few stores. When I went into one store I saw something I didn't want to see.

I saw a tall boy with curly hair and a shorter boy with colored hair. (Ashton is taller than Michael in this story, Michael is only 5'7)

They turned around and I locked eyes with Michael. Ashton started looking at something and I saw Michael look at me with a cry for help. He had a bruised eye.

"Bathroom." He mouthed and pointed to the restroom sign. I can't. If Ashton sees us, we're both in deep shit.

Ashton looked at me, I turned around and walked out. I went to go sit on a bench, what if he saw me? I can't breathe.

I can feel my throat closing up. I'm sweating. Okay, I can do this. I can calm myself down.

5 things I can see. Sign, people, food, stores, water fountain.

4 things I can touch. My clothes, the bench, my hair, my skin.

3 things I can hear. Talking, footsteps, cash register.

2 things I can smell. Ice cream, new clothes.

1 thing I can taste. Pizza.

Okay. I took a deep breath. I'm fine. I took out my phone and looked at the time. I've been here for about 15 minutes.

I saw Ashton in another store and then I realized something, Ashton has never seen me before. He has no idea what I look like. So even if I was around Michael, he wouldn't even know.

Ashton was alone. So that made me wonder, is Michael still in the bathroom? I got up and walked over to it.

I walked in and saw the small boy sitting on the sink fiddling with his hands. "Michael?" I said quietly. He jumped off and hugged me. "C-Calum!" I smiled. "Shhh, be quiet." I held a finger up to my mouth.

"Michael, you need to get away from him." He looked down. "I-I can't, Calum. It may s-seem easy, but h-he won't let me leave h-him." Tears started prickling in his eyes. I pulled him into a hug and rubbed his head.

"Shhh, listen to me. You're going to be okay. I promise." He snuffled and nodded his head slowly. He started looking in the mirror and fixing himself.

I heard some footsteps come into the bathroom. "Michael, what the fuck is taking you so long?" My back was facing him, but I already knew who it was and I didn't want to turn around.

Michael looked at me with the look of fear in his eyes. I felt the man behind me get closer.

"Michael, do you know him?" I saw Michael get flustered and he started shaking his head fast.

"N-No I don't know him, A-Ashton." He looked down. "Oh my god, stop stuttering for 2 fucking seconds and talk." Michael took a deep breath.

"I-I'm, I'm sorry, Ashton." He looked at him then at me. Ashton pushed past me and went in front of Michael. "Now, you're sure you don't know him?" He pointed back at me.

Michael shook his head once again. "I don't know h-him, Ashton. I've never seen him in my life. He's n-nobody to me."

I looked at him with tears in my eyes. I walked out of the bathroom.

Part of me feels like I actually am nothing to him. All I saw when I left was Ashton kiss Michael.

I drove home. Not feeling a thing.

hey guys! sorry these past few chapters are pretty sad, but I'm not getting rid of Ashton for a while. sorry guys.
but that 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 thing Calum did when he was having a panic attack is called grounding. When you have a panic attack you feel like you don't have control, you do this so you have control over something and you can calm down. I hope that helps those who need it :)
-Lily